Can I ask in important question regarding myself about mental health ?..

It's just like literally I don't know where else or who to ask, who might of had a similar experience.

So I have now a few times (stupid I know) used cocaine while I've been taking antidepressants, and it's made me feel absolutely terrible last few days.

Like I say anyone had a similar experience,it's not nice and I'm not a big user of cocaine by any means , never really touch it at all, once in a blue moon, but like I say the odd time I have had it while on these tablets, not great I know but , I dont know just wondering if anyone's done similar.

The tablets I've been on for about 1 year and a half now, and now and again il have a blow out on the drink ,and it usually is just drink (quite a lot) I know alcohol doesn't mix great with them either tbf, but when you're that drunk you can often make bad decisions and end up having that (cocaine ) .

It Was Sunday last time I had the mix of drink ,drugs and anti depressants together and let me tell you it'll be my last .

Anyone got any input or similar experiences?
As I know this board is great and supportive normally when regarding mental health

When your not feeling well mentally a comedown is one of if not the last thing you need like mate. Been there done that, brother died young at the beginning of the year and I hit the drink heavily on weekends and it’s completely counterproductive. I’ve never been on antidepressants but I’ve had some awful times after a big session when not being 100% up there. Best advice I can give you is to take a month off the drink completely, it’s a massive gateway and a depressant in itself. Chin up coxy lad.

Never been on anti depressants but I’ve had my fair share of come downs and those alone are enough to tip anyone over the edge at times. Like Rakersy said, have a bit of a detox from the booze which is literally a depressant and get yourself out for some fresh air every day alang the river.

Shite lads ,my brain will return to normal won't it ? Been looking up on Google ,when it says mixing the two together , coke and antidepressants, and it says it can cause serotonin syndrome ,never even heard of it ,and can't find out exactly what it is
What are the anti depressants, some really don't mix with alcohol at all.
Sertraline mate

Shite lads ,my brain will return to normal won't it ? Been looking up on Google ,when it says mixing the two together , coke and antidepressants, and it says it can cause serotonin syndrome ,never even heard of it ,and can't find out exactly what it is

Sertraline mate
If you're being honest and you're an occasional user and not on the coke every weekend then you will be fine. Try to cut booze out for a while and stop using coke altogether.

Sertraline mate

Well, I'm taking that and I'm ok provided I don't drink shit loads. Mind it all depends on the dosage I think

If you're being honest and you're an occasional user and not on the coke every weekend then you will be fine. Try to cut booze out for a while and stop using coke altogether.
Aye mate occasional defo, on average this year once every 2 and a half month , but sometimes it can be quite a heavy binge ,cheers though mate for the advice
Well, I'm taking that and I'm ok provided I don't drink shit loads. Mind it all depends on the dosage I think
I'm on 100mg at the min like.

Aye mate occasional defo, on average this year once every 2 and a half month , but sometimes it can be quite a heavy binge ,cheers though mate for the advice

I'm on 100mg at the min like.
Seriously mate just avoid it and try and get yourself sorted. Gear will only make.tjings seem worse.

I life coached a lad who worked away during the week. When he got back home on a Friday he'd go straight into the pub for a few beers. We worked out that 2 and a half pints was enough to trigger his mind into wanting to buy some coke. Once he had the coke he'd go on a bender, not get home until daft o'clock, which annoyed his wife and literally wrote off his weekend. If he just had 2 pints and went home the problem didn't happen. Maybe keep a notebook recording your sensations, thoughts and feelings as you go through a week identify possible triggers that set you off.

I life coached a lad who worked away during the week. When he got back home on a Friday he'd go straight into the pub for a few beers. We worked out that 2 and a half pints was enough to trigger his mind into wanting to buy some coke. Once he had the coke he'd go on a bender, not get home until daft o'clock, which annoyed his wife and literally wrote off his weekend. If he just had 2 pints and went home the problem didn't happen. Maybe keep a notebook recording your sensations, thoughts and feelings as you go through a week identify possible triggers that set you off.
Similar to me tbh that, but my main query was mixing with the sertraline and coke, anyone you know ever done that ?

No shipmate. However, I worked with many who had issues around negative emotion for which the GP prescribed drugs - sometimes for both anxiety and depression. Sertraline is an antidepressant that is designed to speed up learning so lift the spirit. Cocaine is a a stimulant that also lifts the spirit. Taking both at the same time could send the senses, thoughts and feelings through the roof - to the point where panic attacks can happen, meaning the mind can working overtime to deal with even a minor issue. Add alcohol to that, which can lift or depresses a person, and a mere sense of logic can stray all over the place. Shipmate, I hope that little information resonates with you and your problem.

Taken coke when i was on citalopram (another SSRI like Sertraline) and didn't notice any interaction. Although i never did any mammoth sessions. The only major interaction i noticed was MDMA, where the SSRI negated the MDMA effects. Didn't notice much interaction with alcohol either. Obviously large quantities of anything is gonna make you feel rough afterwards, regardless of the antidepressants, in my experience booze worse than anything. Look after yourself mate.

When did the quack last review your tablets?
Never yet
Taken coke when i was on citalopram (another SSRI like Sertraline) and didn't notice any interaction. Although i never did any mammoth sessions. The only major interaction i noticed was MDMA, where the SSRI negated the MDMA effects. Didn't notice much interaction with alcohol either. Obviously large quantities of anything is gonna make you feel rough afterwards, regardless of the antidepressants, in my experience booze worse than anything. Look after yourself mate.
Head's still poorly like , wouldn't say it was a huge session in terms of drink about 10 pints ,few vodkas ,then half a gram

Back