Can High Frequency sounds scare away mice?

Woken at 5:00am this Morning with the exorcist in the loft.
Well it sounded like it and enough to get up and put the lights on.
After investigation tonight the noise must have come from a mouse caught in a trap and rattling between two plastic storage boxes.

This is the time that they will come into your house.
Best deterrent is to have bait boxes outside your house. A lapse for a few days and I reckon this mouse would have never entered the house.
The joys of living in the Country.

I had some in the garage years ago and set some traps my youngest daughter said that they were God creatures.
The next day I went in and had caught a couple, dropped them in the bin and re-set the traps.
The day after I said I was going into the garage to see if I'd caught anymore, the daughter shouted, 'Dad, can I come with you?'.
I said to her that I thought they were God's creatures, she said, 'I know but did you see their eyes popping out of their heads'. :lol:

I have seen similar which sent a TXT to your phone telling you there's a catch in the trap.

There is a light on the top which flashes green if there is a catch, empty the catch out into a bin and reset for the next one, well happy with it

Luckily I dont have a rat, its fecking mice, but works on all rodents apparently, mice anyway I can confirm that.

Last edited:
With all of the rain recently, we have had mice come into the house. We have caught four so far, all of them being field mice. Quite bonny little things.

Well I caught 2 of the feckers by electrocuting them, but none lately and heard scurrying last night. Is it possible they have caught on to it? Maybe I should move the location?

I came home with a couple of new contraptions to attack them with today, but quiet as hell today.

is it possible they've all done a runner?

Back