Can doing something terrible stick on a persons conscience for life?

.22 with telescopic sights.
It needs the stock rubbing down and polishing as it’s scratched quite badly from being moved around the loft, stuff piled on it etc. and the barrel seal needs replacing, but it still works ok. I’ve had it for about 37 years now!
God, I feel old...
I still remember mine, and I feel old also, I actually remember getting my first airgun, a. 177 dianna from The Fishbowl petshop opposite Mowbray Park, there was a monkey in there that smoked ciggies 🙊

Common sense, more like! :lol:

I still have a scar on my thigh from when my ‘mate’ shot me from about 20 feet away with an air rifle. Lucky it didn’t hit somewhere more dangerous...

The pellet went clean through my jeans and it felt like I’d been punched really hard. I just have a circle of shiny skin to remind me of it.

The worst part about it was it was my own f***ing air rifle he used. BSA Mercury. I still have it in the loft! :lol:
This was a Gat? Pistol .lad who shot me died in his 20s. My curse
Talking of air guns we once put two coats on and balaclavas and played cops n robbers with air pistols down the river

Last edited:
Yes unless you are a psychopath. I think 1 in 2000 people are psychopaths.

They do exist, and they're not all like pantomime villans like 'Hanibal Lector', and I belive there's over 40 different personality traits that are measurable that cumulatively give a formal diagnosis of it.

I was actually 'friends' for a short while with a self confessed psychopath a few years ago - as much as they have 'friends'.
She was a very charismatic person in a very powerful position in the health service who was very good at manipulating people, and she was very open and honest with me about who she was. (I'm pretty sure her honesty with me was another manipulation as she knew that's what I wanted so she gave it to me).

It was fascinating getting an insight into how people like her think, and how they act without any integrity: merely obeying 'rules' and 'norms' for personal gain.

Guilt to her was like trying to explain 'sight' to someone who was born blind, she had absolutely no capacity to feel it. She admitted to me some really heinous stuff she'd done without any remorse whatsoever.

They do exist, and they're not all like pantomime villans like 'Hanibal Lector', and I belive there's over 40 different personality traits that are measurable that cumulatively give a formal diagnosis of it.

I was actually 'friends' for a short while with a self confessed psychopath a few years ago - as much as they have 'friends'.
She was a very charismatic person in a very powerful position in the health service who was very good at manipulating people, and she was very open and honest with me about who she was. (I'm pretty sure her honesty with me was another manipulation as she knew that's what I wanted so she gave it to me).

It was fascinating getting an insight into how people like her think, and how they act without any integrity: merely obeying 'rules' and 'norms' for personal gain.

Guilt to her was like trying to explain 'sight' to someone who was born blind, she had absolutely no capacity to feel it. She admitted to me some really heinous stuff she'd done without any remorse whatsoever.
They are in charge of the world marra who else would it be?

Terrible thing. Everyone's entitled to a chance to move on if they're sorry and change their behaviour. Hope they have done so, and hope they have found peace.
Interesting view point from a member of our legal establishment, I’m assuming that comes with lots of caveats?😉

Back