Can anyone recommend a good conveyancer/ conveyancing solicitor?

Don't exist in my experience.

All absolute shite.

I've had firm's drop out on me mid move because a solicitor has gone sick, I've been ghosted for weeks and I've had to pay land registry fees every week to check if an old mortgage charge had been removed from the deeds so we could complete our purchase.

Complete charlatans

Last edited:

All absolute shite.

I've had firm's drop out on me mid move because a solicitor has gone sick, I've been ghosted for weeks and I've had to pay land registry fees every week to check if an old mortgage charge had been removed from the deeds so we could complete our purchase.

Complete charlatans
Its been a race to the bottom over the past 20 years, and everybody lost.

I use a firm in Lincolnshire who have proved to be very on the ball and at reasonable rates, but it makes no difference when the other side is using a call centre full of part and non qualified staff to save £100 on the fee.

All absolute shite.

Complete charlatans
Is that you paying it or your solicitor charging you it?

I’ve used Brian Mackenzie in the past. Unfortunately the guy within the firm who we used has retired which will be if no help to you.

Longden, Walker and Renney based in sunderland were great when I moved at the back end of last year. Professional but friendly and were on top of things the whole way through.

Back