Can anyone recommend a feel-good movie

I watched Lion about a week ago. It had me in tears (I'm a soft shite these days), the GF liked it too. Very good film.

50 first dates is good too.

tell me about it, since having kids I’m utterly rubbish...Paddington 2 had me in bits lol.

Lion is an amazing story but unreal to think what people go through and the way they live. Suppose out of site out of mind.
Right that's Lion off the list, 50 first dates next

its definitely worth watching though it is heart warming still.

Last edited:
The Holiday.

We get Cameron Diaz and ship Kate f***ing Winslet off to America.
The Holiday.

We get Cameron Diaz and ship Kate f***ing Winslet off to America.

They Call me Trinity
Trinity is still my name

Last edited by a moderator:
Last night I watched Brief Encounter, made in 1945 b&w, what a brilliant movie, proper storyline, great acting.
Oh and if you have seen the movie you will know, if not then it's worth watching, plus it's free on youtube
Anyone know of anything else worth watching.

I'm sure I have a bunch but off the top of my head, Stardust is a quality feel good film

I'm sure I have a bunch but off the top of my head, Stardust is a quality feel good film
Brilliant movie, I can watch it over and over again, some of it was filmed up near Gairloch in the highlands, the cast stayed at one of my favourite Hotels The Shieldaig Lodge, Robert De Niro and Sienna Miller, Michelle Pfeiffer, the cast list goes on forever.
I'll watch it again later

What We Did On Our Holiday
Starring Billy Connolly, David Tennant, Ben Miller, Rosamund Pike and Emelia Jones
filmed around Gairloch and at Red Point my favourite Beach.

The Peanut Butter Falcon - Lad with downs syndrome escapes from a nursing home and goes on the run. It's got it's cliches and it's quite predictable but it doesn't take away from it at all. Really nice viewing, especially on a Sunday. Available on Netflix.

Any of the Ealing comedies but two of my favourites are Passport to Pimlico and Kind Hearts and Coronets.

Both are absolute classics that provide a glimpse of a long gone Britain (if you like that sort of thing). All done with great acting and humour, the epitome of a feel-good movie.
The Peanut Butter Falcon - Lad with downs syndrome escapes from a nursing home and goes on the run. It's got it's cliches and it's quite predictable but it doesn't take away from it at all. Really nice viewing, especially on a Sunday. Available on Netflix.

Good shout, it’s an enjoyable, easy watch.

Last edited:

Back