Can’t believe I’m saying this, but.....

Maybe Because KP has no experience as manager at all. Personally I wouldn’t have either of them.

He does have a lot of experience coaching and dealing with high level players, he's also played at the very highest level himself. He's got enough experience to manage a side in league one. Both Lampard and Gerrard had no managerial experience, they've taken to it well.

My preferred realistic choice would be Nathan Jones, but I'd much prefer to have Phillips in charge than Parkinson. Person would have been the ideal candidate, but we've missed out on him now. We couldn't afford Allardyce or Keane and it's unlikely either would want to come anyhow.

He does have a lot of experience coaching and dealing with high level players, he's also played at the very highest level...
What experience with “...high level players...” and for how long and with any success? And many a player at a high level has failed miserably as a manager. Disagree he has played at the “very highest level”.

What experience with “...high level players...” and for how long and with any success? And many a player at a high level has failed miserably as a manager. Disagree he has played at the “very highest level”.

He's coached at Leicester, Derby and Stoke. He played for England and in the PL.

I really don't know what you want me to say mate, any manager is a risk, whether they have no experience or twenty years experience, in football you never know how it's going to go, especially at this level when we have limited funds to spend on salaries. Phillips knows the club, he wants the job and seems ambitious. No one knows if he's going to be a success, just as no one knew how Ross or Parkinson were going to fair, I tell you what though, I'd rather Phillips was in charge than Parkinson right now, if we can attract better, fair enough, but the club need to get the fans on side and as you know, that would mean a new manager will have to hit the ground running. At the very least I feel fans would be more patient with Phillips.

Last edited:
He's coached at Leicester, Derby and Stoke. He played for England and in the PL.

I really don't know what you want me to say mate, any manager is a risk, whether they have no experience or twenty years experience, in football you never know how it's going to go, especially at this level when we have limited funds to spend on salaries. Phillips knows the club, he wants the job and seems ambitious. No one knows if he's going to be a success, just as no one knew how Ross or Parkinson were going to fair, I tell you what though, I'd rather Phillips was in charge than Parkinson right now, if we can attract better, fair enough, but the club need to get the fans on side and as you know, that would mean a new manager will have to hit the ground running. At the very least I feel fans would be more patient with Phillips.
I can’t disagree with a lot of that but it seems he has had a few jobs at a few clubs but has not been kept on for any length of time for any. Was he ever a head coach or assistant manager? Look, you make good points but I do not get carried away with this adoration of a player as a must to be our coach or manager. And did he not seem to be too bothered for us in his final season? I might be wrong with that question.

Stops me sleeping some nights and those nights are becoming more frequent.
He does have a lot of experience coaching and dealing with high level players, he's also played at the very highest level himself. He's got enough experience to manage a side in league one. Both Lampard and Gerrard had no managerial experience, they've taken to it well.

My preferred realistic choice would be Nathan Jones, but I'd much prefer to have Phillips in charge than Parkinson. Person would have been the ideal candidate, but we've missed out on him now. We couldn't afford Allardyce or Keane and it's unlikely either would want to come anyhow.
Lampard and Gerrard have “presence”. Phillips looks like a little boy.

Last edited:

Both Lampard and Gerrard were given one of the most talented squads in their respective leagues to play with.

I’ve said this previously, Guardiola, Klopp and Mourinho combined couldn’t get a tune out of the bunch of players we currently employ, duffers masquerading as professional footballers.

Of course they would. That’s why they’re richer than God, they’re the best in the world at what they do.

How about bringing in SKP and the Orange Sand Dancer? Phil Brown is without work and is a MLF.
Desperate Times call for Desperate Measures.
Whatever happens, this current clown is unfit for purpose.
I’m a MLF but I’d be a shit manager (although probably better than Parky)

Back