Campsites...

Just looked that one up, looks toppa
Lovely spot. Never stayed there myself but walked through several times and friends have stayed. Bottom part does flood in heavy rain. Just really fancy walking in Langdale and a pint or two at the old Dungeon Ghyll. I'd stop on the NT site but it's full up. For campervans anyway.

that looks class that an very un-lakesish

newlands is a class area but i always thought there was no campsite round there
Saw this site yesterday as we had a walk up the Dale head track, parked at stair community hall then up through little town. Couldn’t believe it’s now a campsite as we stayed in Stair a month ago (cottage) and walked past there most afternoons/evenings to the Swinside and those fields were full of sheep who kept escaping and causing havoc. To be fair the sites in a great location for hiking but there were 4 portaloos and no showers as far as I could see. All looked a bit last minute.com type setup.

Saw this site yesterday as we had a walk up the Dale head track, parked at stair community hall then up through little town. Couldn’t believe it’s now a campsite as we stayed in Stair a month ago (cottage) and walked past there most afternoons/evenings to the Swinside and those fields were full of sheep who kept escaping and causing havoc. To be fair the sites in a great location for hiking but there were 4 portaloos and no showers as far as I could see. All looked a bit last minute.com type setup.

aye i think its classed as a 'pop-up' campsite :) just got back from there, two nights and it was absolutely spot on, other than the porterloos stinking abit.

there is a little shower block trailer thing, but we didn't use it, happy to do 2 or 3 nights camping without a shower. had a swim in derwent water yesterday which made up for it. last ferry from keswick back to the camp site is at 1730 then straight to the pub. class day and will deffo use that site again. its just a bit rough and tumble which is exactly what i like. no mad long list of rules and electric hookups and hoards of posh families with little shit head posh kids. just nice and chilled and mostly youngish adults just sitting round drinking and that. class

aye i think its classed as a 'pop-up' campsite :) just got back from there, two nights and it was absolutely spot on, other than the porterloos stinking abit.

there is a little shower block trailer thing, but we didn't use it, happy to do 2 or 3 nights camping without a shower. had a swim in derwent water yesterday which made up for it. last ferry from keswick back to the camp site is at 1730 then straight to the pub. class day and will deffo use that site again. its just a bit rough and tumble which is exactly what i like. no mad long list of rules and electric hookups and hoards of posh families with little shit head posh kids. just nice and chilled and mostly youngish adults just sitting round drinking and that. class
That’s how it looked to us, maybe one or two nights there no more, but great location, we walked up to swinside late yesterday afternoon expecting it to be chocka but it wasn’t really.

That’s how it looked to us, maybe one or two nights there no more, but great location, we walked up to swinside late yesterday afternoon expecting it to be chocka but it wasn’t really.

it was alright, lovely sitting out the back in the sun, but why they only had one old geezer serving out of a hatch i dont really know. the queue for a drink was about 15 minutes long constantly and there was only about 2 dozen people there. and there was 3 members of staff inside doing fuck all

it was alright, lovely sitting out the back in the sun, but why they only had one old geezer serving out of a hatch i dont really know. the queue for a drink was about 15 minutes long constantly and there was only about 2 dozen people there. and there was 3 members of staff inside doing fuck all
Its noticably busier there now than it was in june but still not to bad, saying that they had 2 people on the hatch in june. We did the coledale horseshoe, rowling end, causey pike, sail etc etc and back through braithewaite, crawled into the swinny then fell out of it 3 hours later :)

Back