Cameron Archer - gone on loan to Boro

That sounds about right.

There's no way we will be spending hundreds of thousands on the likes of Stockon who will have no re-sale value and who won't be able to step up to the Championship if we get promoted.

It was always more likely to be a PL academy loan.

"Picking the name" in the tweet he's quoted, I'd have thought.

On the other hand, it is funny that you self-professed "ITKs" are unable to name any names, ever. Unless of course they are already all over every media outlet going.
This. Spot on sweeper marra.

Hattrick against Barrow here.

Very happy to see this thread.

He played on Dan Neil’s debut for England u20. The highlights showed him being absolutely rapid, constantly making runs in behind. Very highly rated player, seen in the same bracket of ability as Neil, Cirkin, and Sam Greenwood (played with all 3 for England).

He’s had 3 substitute appearances in the PL, and scored a hat trick in the League Cup a few months back.

(see video above posted by SF) - His second and third are both lovely finishes.

Very happy to see this thread.

He played on Dan Neil’s debut for England u20. The highlights showed him being absolutely rapid, constantly making runs in behind. Very highly rated player, seen in the same bracket of ability as Neil, Cirkin, and Sam Greenwood (played with all 3 for England).

He’s had 3 substitute appearances in the PL, and scored a hat trick in the League Cup a few months back.

His second and third are both lovely finishes.
The pass and move for the third one was class.

This seems the sort of link I'd expect, makes a lot of sense.

So Hume comes in to cover Wright and offer a RB alternative. This removes need for Alves, who we pack off, and we bring in an extra striker loan. Does mean any other incomings - Roberts, etc - will have to be permanent.

Say we get Roberts and this lad, what do we still need?

I'd still say we'd need a DM, ideally one who might be able to cover Flanagan in the middle of the back three. A kind of CB/DM type, like the Aberdeen lad we were linked for in the summer.

There are others.

This seems the sort of link I'd expect, makes a lot of sense.

So Hume comes in to cover Wright and replace Alves, who we pack off, and we bring in an extra striker loan. Does mean any other incomings - Roberts, etc - will have to be permanent.

Say we get Roberts and this lad, what do we still need?

I'd still say we'd need a DM, ideally one who might be able to cover Flanagan in the middle of the back three. A kind of CB/DM type, like the Aberdeen lad we were linked for in the summer.

There are others.
I still think we need a central midfielder mate.

That sounds about right.

There's no way we will be spending hundreds of thousands on the likes of Stockon who will have no re-sale value and who won't be able to step up to the Championship if we get promoted.

It was always more likely to be a PL academy loan.
Think your right there mind, besides ive been reliably informed Stockton is on his way to Oxford, apparently theyre looking to cash in on Sykes and Matty Taylor.

I still think we need a central midfielder mate.
Yeah exactly. I just think it needs to be a defensive one. I don't think we're short of creativity and I actually see Evans as more of a cover for Neil, as a passmaking but deep-lying CM than I do as the more defensive of the two. Plus in a crisis, you can even drop Embleton back in there and there isn't actually any point trying to find a player like Dan Neil, you'd need £6m and even then, likely doesn't exist at this level.

So defensively, that leaves Winchester and who? Need someone in - O'Nein won't be available for a long time and (I know a hot topic) personally don't think he's of sufficient quality anyway.

I thought of the Aberdeen lad, because he used to be a big, decent, athletic DCM, but he's actually moved back into defence this year. He is probably now better as a Flanagan alternative, but could cover? He'd cost a bit of cash mind.

Maybe its easier to think of two players. Maybe we can sign the Germans and free up some loans. Idk. Need a midfielder, I agree. More important than further bolstering defence, though I'd like both.

Last edited:
Think your right there mind, besides ive been reliably informed Stockton is on his way to Oxford, apparently theyre looking to cash in on Sykes and Matty Taylor.
Surely won’t be getting much cash for 31yo Taylor? Sykes would get a little bit in, but i rate both of them as better footballers than Stockton anyway.

Wouldn’t let them both go for one Stockton. Sykes brings goals from midfield, 8 in the league this season and Taylor’s got 10.

Maybe Stockton for one of them, probably not even that.

Edit: ^all above is my opinion on Oxford’s possible decisions, not questioning your info. More fool them.

Last edited:
Surely won’t be getting much cash for 31yo Taylor? Sykes would get a little bit in, but i rate both of them as better footballers than Stockton anyway.
Seaso
Wouldn’t let them both go for one Stockton. Sykes brings goals from midfield, 8 in the league this season and Taylor’s got 10.

Maybe Stockton for one of them, probably not even that.

Edit: ^all above is my opinion on Oxford’s possible decisions, not questioning your info. More fool them.
Spot on, thats exactly what I thought. Taylors nee spring chicken, but got the info from an Oxford Season ticket mate, nowt might come of it mind.

Back