Calorie controlled diets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Herbal

Striker
Does it matter what form the calories come in? For example, if my daily limit is 2000, and I’ve had cereal, fruit and soup all day up to 1000, then can I have pizza/chips/pies/lard for tea as long as it doesn’t exceed the 2000 mark?

This reminds me of the 1000 carrot a day debate!

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144561091

It really doesn't matter. You can lose fat without eating healthy foods. But healthier foods are usually less calorie dense, allowing you to get full on less calories. They also contain nutrients that you wont get from eating junk.

But in the end, talking strictly body fat, a calorie is a calorie...

Last edited:
I’m finding I can happily do 3 meals a day for under 500 cals each mind. Just ditching the 1000s of cals of biscuits for a start.
At work at 10ish I used to eat crisps, chocolate and sometimes a small pork pie. It equates to about 600 calories. !!

So now I just have a Big Mac meal as a snack.

i could lose fat eating 2500 calories of twinkies (as s study has proven) however my health long term would fuckk up due to zero nutrition, this would eventually have an effect on hormones etc, and i would stop losing weight, mainly because you become ill.

Your best best is to try and get 70/80% of your calories from nutrient dense food (filled with vitamins and minerals, they shit that makes your body tick) then 20/30% from treats etc.

if you train you can implement the treats to help you smash your workouts etc.

2 things you need to know

1. caloric deficit is law for fat loss
2. you cannot beat the system (i've tried)

Does it matter what form the calories come in? For example, if my daily limit is 2000, and I’ve had cereal, fruit and soup all day up to 1000, then can I have pizza/chips/pies/lard for tea as long as it doesn’t exceed the 2000 mark?

A calorie is a unit of energy.

That said, why wouldn't you look after your nutrition to a certain extent?

i could lose fat eating 2500 calories of twinkies (as s study has proven) however my health long term would fuckk up due to zero nutrition, this would eventually have an effect on hormones etc, and i would stop losing weight, mainly because you become ill.

Your best best is to try and get 70/80% of your calories from nutrient dense food (filled with vitamins and minerals, they shit that makes your body tick) then 20/30% from treats etc.

if you train you can implement the treats to help you smash your workouts etc.

2 things you need to know

1. caloric deficit is law for fat loss
2. you cannot beat the system (i've tried)

Delicious milky treats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back