Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (again)

I can't wait for it. It's the first Call of Duty since Black Ops 2 that looks any good. The news coming out about the campaign etc has all been music to my ears so far. It's the same characters as the original MW series but set in a completely new story, which starts October 25th 2019. The day it's released. There must be some pressure on infinity ward to deliver massive sales, as they've scrapped the season pass and are releasing all maps for free.

I can't wait for it. It's the first Call of Duty since Black Ops 2 that looks any good. The news coming out about the campaign etc has all been music to my ears so far. It's the same characters as the original MW series but set in a completely new story, which starts October 25th 2019. The day it's released. There must be some pressure on infinity ward to deliver massive sales, as they've scrapped the season pass and are releasing all maps for free.

Same, thought I was done with COD but with the free COD4 remastered, and now this, they've hooked me back in.

New engine as well apparently. Well overdue like.

Last edited:

Haven't bought a COD in ages but this sounds good. Might just buy it for this reason alone.

Played the beta at the weekend and it's good, none of the jumping and flying round corners shit like on Infinite Warfare. I like the change to Domination where if you've nearly captured the flag but get killed, the progress bar is still however full you had it before you died when you go back to the flag.

Quidco and TopCashBack doing £15 cashback if you buy it from GAME so can pick it up for £35.

Anyone had much game time on the beta? Played a few games on the alpha a few weeks ago and couldn't get away with it. Not sure if that's because I'm so used to playing MW Remastered still or cos I was chemist and seeing double

Anyone managed to get the early access beta on Xbox?

I’ve preordered the game through the store but can’t find the beta anywhere...

I played most of last weekend on the PS4.. IMO it’s really good, very much like cod4 and MW2. The 3 maps i played were very good ( the caves one is a bit dodgy but nothing that spoils a game)
The only thing that might spoil it will be paid loot boxes etc

I played most of last weekend on the PS4.. IMO it’s really good, very much like cod4 and MW2. The 3 maps i played were very good ( the caves one is a bit dodgy but nothing that spoils a game)
The only thing that might spoil it will be paid loot boxes etc

As long as they don't almost force you to watch other people getting them in a ridiculous lobby (i.e. COD World War 2 :neutral: ) then it's fine for me, I've never once been tempted to pay for a loot box in COD. Especially when they're so easy to get for nowt just playing the game.

Got my beta loaded up, ready to go. Missed the 2v2 beta, downloaded it but then forgot about it :oops:

Booted up my Xbox for the first time in months just to prep for this game. Started playing against bots on the original MW, I'd get slaughtered against half decent players.

Played about an hour...I like it. Definite purchase.

Found it weird at first, far too quick TTK and obviously not knowing the maps but soon got used to it.
Guns sound fantastic with headset on. Can foresee getting tinnitus with prolonged use like :neutral:

Last edited:
I wish the beta had hardcore mode to try out as that's all I play. I managed a few hours on core and the gameplay was ok, I just can't play it for long before the controller gets thrown.

Got to rank 6 and felt like I'd gone back in time to 2006 or summit,
spawn, die, spawn, die, spawn, die, spawn, die...
Groundwar is like an absolutely shit version of bf4...
It's not for me

As long as they don't almost force you to watch other people getting them in a ridiculous lobby (i.e. COD World War 2 :neutral: ) then it's fine for me, I've never once been tempted to pay for a loot box in COD. Especially when they're so easy to get for nowt just playing the game.

Got my beta loaded up, ready to go. Missed the 2v2 beta, downloaded it but then forgot about it :oops:
The 2v2 is great. I can see that being a lot of fun with a group of friends.
I got teamed up with a player who wasn’t even active ffs :lol:

Back