Calf pull and tight Achilles

box2box

Striker
Managed to pull my left calf in July. It's healed now, but still not like what it was previously. In addition both my Achilles / lower calf feel tight in the morning.

Is there any exercises / stretches that strengthen calfs/Achilles?

Stand on bottom step of stairs with just your toes gripping the edge.. Slowly raise up and hold for 5 secs then lower slowly until you can feel it pulling on the back of your legs and hold for 5 sec then repeat 3 or 4 time... But don't bounce as this can pull a muscle..good luck

Stand on bottom step of stairs with just your toes gripping the edge.. Slowly raise up and hold for 5 secs then lower slowly until you can feel it pulling on the back of your legs and hold for 5 sec then repeat 3 or 4 time... But don't bounce as this can pull a muscle..good luck

Cheers - had a physio appointment and she went through 6 or so stretches / exercises to treat the torn calf
Also said tbd Achilles pain was tendinitis, with a few tips to improve that

Also did a ‘strong’ massage of lower leg, pretty painful but good I think!

Cheers - had a physio appointment and she went through 6 or so stretches / exercises to treat the torn calf
Also said tbd Achilles pain was tendinitis, with a few tips to improve that

Also did a ‘strong’ massage of lower leg, pretty painful but good I think!
Good luck with your recovery... You will soon be back and getting lots of pb.s..

The stretching comments are all good and massage too. I had chronic tendonitis and continual calf problems . I put it down a leg break years ago and two medial ligament knee injuries, putting my gate out of sync.

In pilates class I used a spiky pilates ball on the under side of my foot. You must apply pressure and it can be painful until the tension goes out of the sole. This allows the blood flow through achilles and into the the calf. My calf / achilles issues had carried on for years, but I have not pulled or tweaked my calf once since using a pilates ball, which I do so daily.

Back