Cabinet accepts that Free Movement will go on for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

There was always going to be a transition. As long as we get there in the end.

There was always going to be a transition. As long as we get there in the end.
Well Exile I'm not sure Brexit is actually ever going to happen the way that was originally intended.
....If you kick a can far enough down the road it can end up disappearing.
Imagine 2023 - maybe a Lib-Lab coalition in charge - and the EU reforming it's FOM laws to facilitate Turkeys entry and all of the Balkan states / Ukraine etc.
I think we might just call the whole thing off.

Well Exile I'm not sure Brexit is actually ever going to happen the way that was originally intended.
Imagine 2023 - maybe a Lib-Lab coalition in charge - and the EU reforming it's FOM laws to facilitate Turkeys entry and all of the Balkan states / Ukraine etc.
All jokes aside, but if Turkey continues it's movement towards an Islamic state they'll never be allowed to join the EU.

If that happens the current level of division in the country will look like everyone linking arms and singing songs. The sooner it's done the sooner we can all move on. Short circuiting democracy like this will cause chaos for longer than any Brexit fallout will.

But I distinctly remember Leave saying they were on their way in.

It was one of the major arguments on here that illustrated what a slimy hole the EC was and how it was going to hell in a handcart and we should get the fuck out of it before they arrived. I think I might have said they won't be member within my lifetime something and invited folk to bookmark it... or I may have just thought it

It was one of the major arguments on here that illustrated what a slimy hole the EC was and how it was going to hell in a handcart and we should get the fuck out of it before they arrived. I think I might have said they won't be member within my lifetime something and invited folk to bookmark it... or I may have just thought it
I think I said something similar. I believe the Leave argument was along the lines of "Cameron's a slimy arsehole, and he says Turkey won't be joining, therefore Turkey will be in before Christmas".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back