Cabbage (the band)

Status
Not open for further replies.

What's his Sunderland connection then mate?
Can't remember 100%, but sure he was from Wakefield & his Nanna was from here. He stopped with her & did some works experience at ALS when he was a young'un. But I'm sure he ended up doing more music reviewing for gigs & CDs sent in for the music site they did at the time as well.

The above could all be complete bollocks like, it'll have been a good 6/7 years ago now.

Saw then at Kendal last year in the house party tent, they were brilliant, everyone walked out saying it was one of the best new bands they had seen for a long time. It's good to see them going somewhere.

As said they are very fat white family, tops off, in and out of the crowd. Amazing in a small venue, don't know how they will transfer that to a bigger stage.

Anyone off to see Cabbage at Think Tank tonight?

Supports April and The Shimmer Band are both meant to be decent too.

Anyone off to see Cabbage at Think Tank tonight?

Supports April and The Shimmer Band are both meant to be decent too.
I'll be there, although I'm a bit old for jumping around with the kids at the front.

Know of a spare ticket if it being sold out is the issue?
No mate, that's not it. Gigs & nights out tend to be planned in military fashion these days with wife, daughter & work to think of. If it's not in the diary a month in advance it tends not to happen. Gone are the days of doing things off the cuff when you're 33 :oops:

Cheers for the offer though.

Really really shit band name, only one worse that I can think of was my ex boss' sons band that were called "bagels"

On a slightly related note, The Fall's gig at The Boiler Shop (Newcastle) tomorrow night has been pulled because Mark E Smith has a chest infection. Just in case anyone planned on doing that gig too (like me :()

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back