C64 mini

All retro game consoles seem like a good idea until you play on them and realise that the games you once loved were actually shite and games have come on so much, it really isn't worth reliving.
Some of the best games ever are on SNES or Mega Drive and still stand up today, hence the Virtual Console and that on Switch. I still play Super Castlevania IV at least once a year, for example. Go further back than that and you get games that are just clunky and awkward and basic and a little beyond, into the 3D era, you get games that look just utterly dreadful as programmers got to grips with new graphical techniques. There's no chance I'd buy one of these, like, when I can download the entire back catalogue in about a minute flat. :lol:

Some of the best games ever are on SNES or Mega Drive and still stand up today, hence the Virtual Console and that on Switch. I still play Super Castlevania IV at least once a year, for example. Go further back than that and you get games that are just clunky and awkward and basic and a little beyond, into the 3D era, you get games that look just utterly dreadful as programmers got to grips with new graphical techniques. There's no chance I'd buy one of these, like, when I can download the entire back catalogue in about a minute flat. :lol:

I am surprised mind that Sensible Soccer hasn't continued to be updated. That gameplay would most certainly stand the test of time.

Back