C.V's

I always liked to see one or two lines in the hobbies and interests bit, it gives a little bit of an insight into them. Rightly or wrongly, you'd probably make a judgement on them saying they were a Mag. I've employed plenty of Mags before but it depends on whether they can discuss football like an adult or whether they resort to calling it 'The Toon' and banging on about how they hate Mackems. (Which bizarrely I have encountered when interviewing someone).
On balance, probably best to mention a keen interest in football and leave the team out of it.

I always liked to see one or two lines in the hobbies and interests bit, it gives a little bit of an insight into them. Rightly or wrongly, you'd probably make a judgement on them saying they were a Mag. I've employed plenty of Mags before but it depends on whether they can discuss football like an adult or whether they resort to calling it 'The Toon' and banging on about how they hate Mackems. (Which bizarrely I have encountered when interviewing someone).
On balance, probably best to mention a keen interest in football and leave the team out of it.
My mag boss never asked me at interview, fizzing when about a week later I told him.:lol:

I had on my graduate one that I was a keen football fan or something along those lines (along with liking historical documents and Charles Dickens books - absolute nonsense). Now that I've actually got some decent work experience on it the hobbies and interests section has been removed.

I didn't put who I supported mind. Asking for trouble if you get an arse of an interviewer.

I had on my graduate one that I was a keen football fan or something along those lines (along with liking historical documents and Charles Dickens books - absolute nonsense). Now that I've actually got some decent work experience on it the hobbies and interests section has been removed.

I didn't put who I supported mind. Asking for trouble if you get an arse of an interviewer.

Historical documents? :lol:

As in the US Declaration of Independence and that?

I’ve got it on mine (for us, of course) but I’ve never used a traditional CV for years tbh - the jobs I’ve most recently applied for have their own internal online forms to do.

Back