Byrne's Butchers, Chester Road

L

Lexingtongue

My mam used to go there and was quite close to Mark, the owner. I know he's now closed the shop owing to family tragedy and health problems but he seems to have vanished off the face of the earth. My mam has been trying to chase him up to see how he's getting on as he was quite ill last she saw him but to no avail. She's a worrier and is concerned for him. Does anyone on here know him and how he's getting on just to put her mind at rest?

My mam used to go there and was quite close to Mark, the owner. I know he's now closed the shop owing to family tragedy and health problems but he seems to have vanished off the face of the earth. My mam has been trying to chase him up to see how he's getting on as he was quite ill last she saw him but to no avail. She's a worrier and is concerned for him. Does anyone on here know him and how he's getting on just to put her mind at rest?
I can't help you unfortunately but I did think he looked really unwell last time I was in a few months ago.

Wonder what had happened. Noticed shop has been locked up for a while now. That shop must have been there for 40-50 years.

Fingers crossed all is well. I know his wife passed away last year, or possibly the year before, and I had assumed that he had just packed in and retired. Hopefully that is the case

Mark is a cracking bloke. I do hope he is ok. The shop has been there for years, his dad ran it before Mark. They used to have the butchers counter at Fenwick's years ago as well.

Back