Buying Valentine's stuff for...

Bought a card for my 7 year old daughter. Left it sticking out of letter box and signed ‘secret admirer’. Bit of fun

That’s a lovely thing to do and the bairn will be chuffed to think she has a secret admirer.
The whole meaning of Valentines seems to have been lost in the past ten or twenty years, instead of being a way to alert someone that they have an admirer, it’s now used to put pressure on people to spend vast amounts of money. It s a shame.

She deserves a bunch of flowers?
She may deserve a Papal blessing, a Knighthood, a Nobel Prize or her image displayed for posterity in stained glass at Westminster Abbey, so future generations can stand awestruck at the legendary magnificence of her Sunday dinners and skill with a Hoover. That's not the weird bit. Buying her flowers isn't the weird bit. Doing it on Valentine's Day is properly bizarre. :lol:

She may deserve a Papal blessing, a Knighthood, a Nobel Prize or her image displayed for posterity in stained glass at Westminster Abbey, so future generations can stand awestruck at the legendary magnificence of her Sunday dinners and skill with a Hoover. That's not the weird bit. Buying her flowers isn't the weird bit. Doing it on Valentine's Day is properly bizarre. :lol:
As I said in my first post, father in law never buys her any.
So I do and have always done it for 20 years
just tradition now mate

As I said in my first post, father in law never buys her any.
So I do and have always done it for 20 years
just tradition now mate
Fair enough, he sounds like a right arsehole if he's seen you do that many times and still never made the effort. However, you're still going on the possible dodgepot list. :lol:

That’s a lovely thing to do and the bairn will be chuffed to think she has a secret admirer.
The whole meaning of Valentines seems to have been lost in the past ten or twenty years, instead of being a way to alert someone that they have an admirer, it’s now used to put pressure on people to spend vast amounts of money. It s a shame.

cheers mate.
fully agree

Back