Buying/selling a property

Status
Not open for further replies.
situation is this - we're looking to buy a house in a specific location but properties there rarely come up for sale. We recently were gazumped on a house due to us not having an offer on ours, simply because I assumed it wasn't worth having ours on the market until we saw something we wanted. I doubt we'll have any problem selling ours purely down to location - all 3 valuers we've had out have said as much.

so the question is - do I market the house based on the fact we're not selling for an indeterminate period, i.e. until we find a new place (and risk upsetting potential buyers), or continue to hold back marketing the house until we find ours (and risk missing out again?).

I hate being fucked about and I hate f***ing people about so .........

situation is this - we're looking to buy a house in a specific location but properties there rarely come up for sale. We recently were gazumped on a house due to us not having an offer on ours, simply because I assumed it wasn't worth having ours on the market until we saw something we wanted. I doubt we'll have any problem selling ours purely down to location - all 3 valuers we've had out have said as much.

so the question is - do I market the house based on the fact we're not selling for an indeterminate period, i.e. until we find a new place (and risk upsetting potential buyers), or continue to hold back marketing the house until we find ours (and risk missing out again?).

There's your answer.

Do you have a back-up if you sell your house first (tent on Seaton Carew beach for example)?

How often to the gaffs come up like? And is it worth a door knock if there's only a few houses. You could be waiting years

so the question is - do I market the house based on the fact we're not selling for an indeterminate period, i.e. until we find a new place (and risk upsetting potential buyers), or continue to hold back marketing the house until we find ours (and risk missing out again?)..

You haven't really got much choice. If you were the seller of the house you want what would you do, sell to someone who hasn't sold their house or someone who has? For all they know your house could be on the market for years. It's a rubbish situation but you have to have yours sold before you can do very much. Similar happened to us, we saw a house we wanted so put ours on the market, by the time we sold it the one we wanted was under offer. We ended up getting something better, but even with that one as soon as I accepted the offer from the estate agent I put an offer in on the one we got in the same phone call (same estate agent for both make it easier).

Similar happened to my mam she sold our house and had an offer accepted on a house in a street she really wanted. They wanted to move to south bents. We ended up moving out and staying at my grandparents for weeks until eventually the estate agents said, these people your buying the house from are looking for something that doesnt exist, your better off pulling out and finding something else. Buying a selling houses is a fuck on.

Estate agents will always tell you they can sell your house quickly.

When I sold mine we struggled to find anywhere we wanted to buy initially so had reconciled ourselves to renting for a while as I 100% wanted to sell regardless . What you need to consider with that route is that you would have to redeem mortgage and pay any penalties then reapply for a new mortgage.

If it was me, I'd put it up at a higher price to cover the cost of renting for a year. If it goes it goes and you don't have a chain, if it doesn't then so be it.

I agree,i hate people looking at kips when they haven't sold theirs so you would really piss me off :lol:...
I think its wrong to assume yours will fly off the shelf as well because you'll get a tosspot buying it who takes forever so i would treat them both separate and deal with the gap when it appears.I lived in a rented flat for 4 months in between the house i now own

Put it up for sale, don't insist on it being overpriced otherwise you'll struggle to attract any interest, ensure you have a mortgage in principle etc (but in the main, many sellers prefer cash buyers due to the lack of chain / quick completion, even if a cash buyer will normally look at getting the property for a slightly cheaper price !). Good luck ! - oh and if you're not desperate to sell, avoid folks buying for investment as normally they'd be looking to buy at around 80% of the true market value etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back