Buying Fitness Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Connolly_31

Looking to get myself a bench, some weights and other things to put in the garage does anybody know of any places where I can buy equpiment and pay monthly? I couldn't afford the outlay of cash in one go, but would happily pay on a monthly basis, does anybody do this and deliver?

powerhousefitness is a good place
if you are not into training and keeping fit tho they become expensive clothes hangers

could get a credit card with long interest free and hoy it on that and pay off before interest kicks in - done that loads of times me like

powerhousefitness is a good place
if you are not into training and keeping fit tho they become expensive clothes hangers

could get a credit card with long interest free and hoy it on that and pay off before interest kicks in - done that loads of times me like

:lol: I'm bang into it mate, but spending a fortune on a gym membership for a gym that's difficult for me to get to as it's 12 miles away so the petrol then comes into play. Just seems I'm spending a fortune per month for something I could do in my own house.

I've been training for approx 22 years now and consider myself to be a decent size ;)
I've looked into buying stuff for the garage and nearly did so, but the lack of variety that comes with home equipment stopped me.
I pay £8 per week at the gym i go to and i can change my routine around every now and then to keep the interest going and hit different parts.
To get the same variety of weights and cardio for home would cost a few grand, plus i have limited space in the garage....so i binned that idea.

can you keep fitness stuff outside without much trouble?

had to wear gloves to use my kettlebells over the winter because they felt like they were gonna freeze to my hands at times, wondering if benches and cables and stuff will be okay under an open garage forever?

Just bought a power rack with low/lat pulley, a bench and a 145kg Olympic barbell set from Powerhouse Fitness on 12 months 0% APR, already have an EZ bar and dumbbells.

Think I'm gonna use powerhouse, all sounds like good reviews. Gonna have a proper look through tonight after work.

Think I'm gonna use powerhouse, all sounds like good reviews. Gonna have a proper look through tonight after work.

theres a shop in Newcastle anarl where you can have a look at the stuff first and usually get them to do you a decent tailored offer anarl

Well my equipment came, well some of it! And here is the problem, a mate bought the same kit as I ordered, his came without the weights as they weren't in stock. He eventually sent it back and got something else from them. My kit came, minus the barbell and plates, even though I upgraded from the 100kg kit to the 145kg kit to ensure they were in stock. They seem to have a problem with the weights, but my power rack and bench are excellent for the price. Luckily I have done weights already so can use the low/lay pulley and my dumbbells.

Their customer service ain't great.

I'm going to try and pop in there this weekend, see if they'll do me any kind of deal.

Think it may be easier to go in and see them rather than the faceless internet.

I'm going to try and pop in there this weekend, see if they'll do me any kind of deal.

Think it may be easier to go in and see them rather than the faceless internet.

The lad at work eventually went to the shop to organise his return and replacement and is probabaly the best thing to do, i personally couldnt get the time and it was easier just to order online and take up the 12 month 0% like that.

The lad at work eventually went to the shop to organise his return and replacement and is probabaly the best thing to do, i personally couldnt get the time and it was easier just to order online and take up the 12 month 0% like that.

Spoke to them yesterday, weights are in warehouse and are being despatched next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back