Buying a used car online

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveH

Striker
Does anyone know of any site where you can put in the spec of the car you are after, the price you are willing to pay then sit back and let dealers contact you with offers?

I have tried searching but I can't find anything like that. Only the likes of autotrader where you search for your spec then contact them.

Alternatively are there many completely online car dealers?

The car I want is not coming up in the local area, but if someone was willing to deliver at the right price, I'd go for that.

a used car then you just have to check the classifieds.

you will find most list on Ebay these days so that is always a good start

what you after if its not available local

Does anyone know of any site where you can put in the spec of the car you are after, the price you are willing to pay then sit back and let dealers contact you with offers?

I have tried searching but I can't find anything like that. Only the likes of autotrader where you search for your spec then contact them.

The car I want is not coming up in the local area, but if someone was willing to deliver at the right price, I'd go for that.

Don't know of such a thing for second hand cars - only for new ones with Carwow - however, looking at their site, they might cover the used car supermarkets - https://www.carwow.co.uk/blog/best-used-car-supermarkets

what is it that your after thats so rare? Car dealers will transport cars between branches, but a SG Petch mazda dealer, wont transport a used mazda to Jennings mazda for you dealer.

Cheers for the suggestions. I'm not after anything particularly rare, just a Ford Galaxy in my price range. There are plenty showing up countrywide but none in easy reach.

I might try the local Ford dealer and see what they say. Annoyingly the likes of autotrader do distance as the crow flies. I'm on the north Kent coast so there are loads coming up in Essex as 30-40 miles away. Great if I had a boat but 90 miles to drive round via Dartford.

car wow if nobody else has mentioned them

Cheers for the suggestions. I'm not after anything particularly rare, just a Ford Galaxy in my price range. There are plenty showing up countrywide but none in easy reach.

I might try the local Ford dealer and see what they say. Annoyingly the likes of autotrader do distance as the crow flies. I'm on the north Kent coast so there are loads coming up in Essex as 30-40 miles away. Great if I had a boat but 90 miles to drive round via Dartford.
Eh 90 miles isn't far at all. I had presumed you were talking 300+ but even at that if it was the car I wanted it's not the end of the world.

After binning off Evans Halshaw I went to a small Ford dealer and asked him to look on his computer to see what was coming off the Motobility scheme. In theory ex Motability jobs will have been well looked after. Within seconds he found one (several actually) to my exact spec which was 50 odd miles away. He got it brought down, I bought it on the spot, and its been a cracking motor.

After binning off Evans Halshaw I went to a small Ford dealer and asked him to look on his computer to see what was coming off the Motobility scheme. In theory ex Motability jobs will have been well looked after. Within seconds he found one (several actually) to my exact spec which was 50 odd miles away. He got it brought down, I bought it on the spot, and its been a cracking motor.
That's a good idea might try they myself when I'm getting next one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back