Butlins, Skegness

I got sun burned when I was there it was that hot. Forecast is nice for your last couple of days anyway.

How much is it costing you in the summer hols?
8 of us going 2 family's and its costing £375 each, cant complain for 7 nights at that price.

Booked up in September with kids, hope your right. Any tips for things to do or avoid?

Depends how old kids. Been 3 years in a row now with son who is is now 4 n half. He loves it. Free rides. Arcades. Bowling. Beach. Footie pitch and class pool. Whats not to like. Food is not too bad either on the dining plan. Sometimes gotta ignore some of the plank of families that go there but thats what gold apartments are for. Keeps ya away from them a bit

Depends how old kids. Been 3 years in a row now with son who is is now 4 n half. He loves it. Free rides. Arcades. Bowling. Beach. Footie pitch and class pool. Whats not to like. Food is not too bad either on the dining plan. Sometimes gotta ignore some of the plank of families that go there but thats what gold apartments are for. Keeps ya away from them a bit

The caravans did that too. I found that although some families did look like a bunch of chavs (many of them ended up being mags) - they were mainly ok and didn't cause bother.

I'm staying in the gold apartments next time, cheap as chips, a bit out of the way though?

Mine is Shiiine... Mondays, Inspirals et al...

Southport Weekender has finished now so I believe (although sure it'll come back as something else)

That looks decent!!

Yeah it has...but there will definitely be other things happening under a different name.

Aye we were in the silver "seaside Apartments" nipping clean, but none of the internal doors seemed to fit properly

They have just done those ones up. Werent gonna have a holiday this year with havin 4 month old but booked one last minute and got seaside apartments. They were the lowest ones last year but have done a brill job of doing them up and adding the decking/seating area outside

The caravans did that too. I found that although some families did look like a bunch of chavs (many of them ended up being mags) - they were mainly ok and didn't cause bother.

I'm staying in the gold apartments next time, cheap as chips, a bit out of the way though?

All ive ever stayed in other than this year where i stayed in the seaside. The gold have extra little stuff such as dishwasher etc they have double and 4 single beds so next time im payin for family and invitin mother down aswell see if we can get away with it. In terms of the walk its nowt from the gold to main bit. Nice walk on a night to chill out as it gets warm in entertainment places

Last edited:
About the same age by the sounds of it. Hoping booking the gold will keep us away from whole families wearing barcodes to be fair...

About the same age by the sounds of it. Hoping booking the gold will keep us away from whole families wearing barcodes to be fair...

Never been to Butlins OR Skeggy but we're booked in for a weekend festival in December!! Sharing a 2 b/r apartment - £70 for the festival and digs!! Can't grumble.

payin for family and invitin mother down aswell see if we can get away with it.
That'll work as you don't really need a pass except for in reds and even then not always.

Saying that though, do they even charge extra based on party size? I thought you paid based on the accommodation?

A few years ago i had an argument with the mrs and ended up having a few pints with rik waller​
How many bags of pork scratchings did he have with his pint?

Back