Buses avoiding Houghton because it's a f***ing shithole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed the last time I went to the reserves at hetton, about 80 kids kicking around the stop at hetton and seemed equal at Houghton. Really need death squads or a firm talking too.

I've occasionally seen the police confront these young yobs and they're all matey matey with them. I'm not advocating giving the cherubs a good hiding* but a sterner approach might help.

* I am.

I've occasionally seen the police confront these young yobs and they're all matey matey with them. I'm not advocating giving the cherubs a good hiding* but a sterner approach might help.

* I am.
Can you imagine the reaction from the police haters on here if the police gave kids a kicking in the street.

I advocate arresting them if they commit an offence and charge them. Go through the process however unsatisfactory the outcome might be.

Is there nowhere out of the way for them to drink cheap cider and have a laugh where it doesn't bother the residents?

Ryhope lad, we could have over a hundred underage drinkers behind Sykes. No bother. Yhe police would come around and flash their lights at about 10pm and we'd disperse. Giving the light touch when we were out of the way probably stopped about a dozen groups of kids loitering around shops and street corners pulling shit like this.

How do people grow up thinking this type of behaviour is acceptable man?

Nobody stops them. No one can touch anyone. They grow up knowing that. Acceptable behaviour should be taught by parents, and probably is in most cases. But the worst of them probably have the worst parents. Will only get worse. Who is going to stop them?

They did this with the buses up through Ridley Street and Shakespeare Street in Suddick because they were sick of them getting smashed up. I remember being on a bus heading down Shakespeare Street when someone hoyed a brick at one of the windows. It didn't go through but it was fucked. The driver kept going to the Green before he stopped :lol:.

It'll be the shit families they moved from Pennywell and Ford estate they moved there when they knocked the houses down.

Mentioned this before but it is still stuck in my head. A couple of kids were sitting in front of my parked car - I asked them politely to move onto the pavement until I drove off and I was told that I should reverse. Wasn't quite tempted to accelerate but in hindsight...

Moving the bus stops from one street to the next is a waste of time.

You can tell by the responses...
The MP has had a meeting.
The Police are concerned.
The Council are looking into the matter.

If Go Ahead just came out and said

"Because of the damage being caused to our vehicles and the cost outweighing the fares, we have been left with no alternative than
to withdraw all bus services from the Houghton area. We apologise for the inconvenience caused by this, but to carry on providing
a service under these conditions is simply not practical. Thank you"

I doubt an hour will pass before something is done. They know who's doing it, where they live and I bet it's not the first time either or the only crime.

It's a sign of society today where you see people ignoring the law, as they're pretty powerless to do anything about low level crime.

It's like that shoplifter who got a suspended sentence after being arrested and charged over 200 times. If you pose a danger or risk
to society, you go to prison, thats what its for. To constantly let people off with suspended sentences is simply pointless.

My mate works in a shop in Houghton and is constantly dealing with shoplifters. A copper turned up 2 weeks after one incident had been reported.

The copper told my mate he’d been to a house earlier that day to see a woman who had reported getting a good hiding from her fella. She slammed the door in his face because it had taken 11 days for a copper to get to her.

The police service is on its arse, Tories are bastards and this is ultimately what happens in poorer areas. We are relatively lucky that most areas pretty much police themselves but the scum are well aware it’s open season for them to get away with what they want at the minute and this is what happens.

Sad sign of the times and precisely why breeding should be capped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back