Bus to Newcastle

X24 prob ideal if you live Chester rd , caught it once , 40mins be my guess , if not live that area then metro still better

Got that after work once when the Metros were off. From the first stop to the last. The entire route. Took nearly two hours to get home and I saw someone being punched in Washington.
Its horrendous like, It goes past mine at the bottom of Usworth near the Blue Bell pub and despite it being completely convenient if i want a drink through Newcastle or before the match in Sunderland i still avoid it like the plague, horrific.

Does it go down the Felling bypass? Can't see how it could be any way more reliable if it does. Or faster anyway.

Is the metro really that bad?
There is a bus lane on the Felling By-pass going towards Newcastle. I get the X34 from Shields and my journey time remains unaffected to Newcastle. Coming back there is no bus lane but it looks like car drivers use a different way and journey time Home still the same.

Its horrendous like, It goes past mine at the bottom of Usworth near the Blue Bell pub and despite it being completely convenient if i want a drink through Newcastle or before the match in Sunderland i still avoid it like the plague, horrific.
It was bittersweet like. I used to get it from Hylton Castle to the town, then another bus from there to Ryhope where my job was class. For about a year. When I got on that big orange bastard I was ready for classness. Not a scrap I could spectate on.

Never knew about it being the nightbus back. There is one on the hour from 00:15 until 03:15. That would be a nice get out of jail free card if you miss the last metro or it's broken. Handy to know. Is it just a sunday morning? The ticket price page says its saturday morning too, but the timetable doesn't seem to mention it. I would normally be out on a friday night after work, i cant remember the last time i was out on a saturday night in newcastle.

Used to be Friday and Saturday nights but they cut it back to Saturday nights only a few years ago. Last normal 56 is 11.45 so that’s often late enough for me if I’ve been out since 3 or 4 o clock.

Fuck that I couldn't sit on a bus for 40 minutes after being on the lash all day and be able to hold a piss in

Newcastle to TEF is 40 minutes or so on the 56. First few times I struggled but now I make sure I don’t drink pints for my last drink or two and go for a piss at the very last minute before I head for the bus. Never had to get off early, though I’ve been close a few times!

Last edited:
Used to be Friday and Saturday nights but they cut it back to Saturday nights only a few years ago. Last normal 56 is 11.45 so that’s often late enough for me if I’ve been out since 3 or 4 o clock.

Newcastle to TEF is 40 minutes or so on the 56. First few times I struggled but now I make sure I don’t drink pints for my last drink or two and go for a piss at the very last minute before I head for the bus. Never had to get off early, though I’ve been close a few times!

Av got the weakest of bladders like don't think a could do it

Sick of the Metro to Newcastle every day as it’s too unreliable. I see there’s an X24 bus from the town now - has anyone used it? Is it more reliable than the Metro for getting to Newcastle? Ta.
Yesterday when the metro wanted to fuck me funnily enough. Took an hour, wouldn't do it again if I could avoid it.

Back