Bus to Newcastle

can cycle it in 50 mins
so can I, but in this weather it is not enjoyable. Mind you more enjoyable than the metro.

the 56 service is hilariously bad
I've got this a couple of times when the metro has been off. It takes absolutely ages, think it was over 2 hours. I swore if the metro was off again I'd ride, it would take less than half the time.

A motorbike / moped is the answer to all your problems.
Got my CBT booked for Sunday with the plan to have a motorbike for commuting by about May. I can park it for free at work. I am not far from the central motorway so can filter most of the way if traffic is at a standstill, I can park undercover for free outside my office and I can store the bike in my garage. I'm expecting my 45minute metro plus walk either end commute to go down to about 30mins and it not be dependant on the useless trains.

so can I, but in this weather it is not enjoyable. Mind you more enjoyable than the metro.

I've got this a couple of times when the metro has been off. It takes absolutely ages, think it was over 2 hours. I swore if the metro was off again I'd ride, it would take less than half the time.

Got my CBT booked for Sunday with the plan to have a motorbike for commuting by about May. I can park it for free at work. I am not far from the central motorway so can filter most of the way if traffic is at a standstill, I can park undercover for free outside my office and I can store the bike in my garage. I'm expecting my 45minute metro plus walk either end commute to go down to about 30mins and it not be dependant on the useless trains.
Good luck. You can’t really fail the CBT, my brother got a pass and he came off.

It's not a bad service, though only tried it on a Saturday.

Once it's out of the town centre, it's up Chester Road via the hospital, the Hastings, then next stop Gateshead metro.
Comfy seats, wifi and charging points.

Good luck. You can’t really fail the CBT, my brother got a pass and he came off.

thanks, I'm nervously looking forward to it. Already passed my theory test before christmas. Got 47/50 for the multiple choice and 64/75 for the hazard perception so I was pleased with that. Been driving for 14 years and like I say I'm used to cycling on the roads so it should be a pretty smooth transition.

thanks, I'm nervously looking forward to it. Already passed my theory test before christmas. Got 47/50 for the multiple choice and 64/75 for the hazard perception so I was pleased with that. Been driving for 14 years and like I say I'm used to cycling on the roads so it should be a pretty smooth transition.
I passed my full test about 15 years ago and must say, during the lessons I was all over the place with gears and braking. Somehow nailed it on the test.

Your awareness of the positioning and dangers when cycling will help you no end.

Only ever got the 56 outside rush hour, but it's around 45 minutes from TEF, and I'm about 15-20 minutes from the town centre so I reckon a little over an hour outside peak times. No idea on traffic later on but I'd guess the worst bit would be around Gateshead and can't remember how many bus lanes there are around there.

Great service for coming home on a Satda night pissed though, the night service runs til daft o clock.

Only ever got the 56 outside rush hour, but it's around 45 minutes from TEF, and I'm about 15-20 minutes from the town centre so I reckon a little over an hour outside peak times. No idea on traffic later on but I'd guess the worst bit would be around Gateshead and can't remember how many bus lanes there are around there.

Great service for coming home on a Satda night pissed though, the night service runs til daft o clock.

Never knew about it being the nightbus back. There is one on the hour from 00:15 until 03:15. That would be a nice get out of jail free card if you miss the last metro or it's broken. Handy to know. Is it just a sunday morning? The ticket price page says its saturday morning too, but the timetable doesn't seem to mention it. I would normally be out on a friday night after work, i cant remember the last time i was out on a saturday night in newcastle.

I’m not fussy about the extra 10/15 minutes it takes but the Metro is shite now and the tunnel is painfully slow anytime from about 6.45 to 9.30 now as well.

Aye it goes to Gateshead but it’s non stop from the Hastings Hill so the driver can go any direction they want.

The tunnels ok if you avoid 7.30 -8.30. It's been a breeze this week with it being half term

Woah, never knew this like!

Back