Bus driver in Ireland faces racial abuse regularly, called a ‘Tan’ and told ‘go home’

Don’t need to tell me. I’ve cousins live there.

Newtown Stewart is another mental mixed town.

As long as you’re not from down the south England you’re generally fine. I’ve been in many a dodgy situation in towns like Derry and Strabane and when they find out you’re from the NE they love you :lol:
It is similar in Scotland and Wales. If the locals know that you aren’t from the Home Counties of londonshire then they are fine.

Is it because that they understand that most English people have been shat upon by the same ruling elite that shat on the Celtic fringe?

I have lived in Northern Ireland (specifically County Derry) for 14 years and have never had hardly any bother from people. I find they are quite a lot like people from the NE, fairly easy going. Granted they are the trouble spots but at the moment you find them in any country these days. As @Norma Stitz has said it is a completely different pace of life over here, even, in my opinion, quality of life is better. The only abuse I have received is from where I work, as I work in a GP surgery myself and the girls I work with do get abuse from some patients, but they are a minority.
Where abouts in Derry?

Anti English sentiment, not withstanding the joke/banter form, is incredibly rare
The majority of people I deal with like a bit of craic with me and can tell from my accent where I am originally from and usually like to try to wind me up in a fun way over how Sunderland are doing.

It is similar in Scotland and Wales. If the locals know that you aren’t from the Home Counties of londonshire then they are fine.

Is it because that they understand that most English people have been shat upon by the same ruling elite that shat on the Celtic fringe?
But don't understand that it isnt a 100% rule

Backward thickies from the bog iirc

All Irish, 100% rule iirc

Back