Bury's game on Saturday called off

safctopcat

Central Defender
Bury's game on Saturday has been called off against Tranmere.

Also Bury's owner rejects takeover offer could go out of business on Friday.

sorry if its already been mentioned.

Last edited:

Bury's game on Saturday has been called off against Tranmere.

Also Bury's owner rejects takeover offer could go out of business on Friday.

sorry if its already been mentioned.

This is getting stupid now. They’re 5 games behind after Saturday if they don’t go out of business on Friday.

As awful as it is, the EFL need to put an end to this and expel them from the league.

This is getting stupid now. They’re 5 games behind after Saturday if they don’t go out of business on Friday.

As awful as it is, the EFL need to put an end to this and expel them from the league.
I can't see a way back for them ,Bolton are on the same path if a takeover doesn't go through soon , feel for the fans but it was wrong of Bolton to cancel last nights game without consulting either the EFL or Doncaster , if they have "welfare" issues now how are they going to be able to complete all 46 games without playing midweek, Christmas or Easter?

That new owner, who demonised the previous one is every bit as bad. Turning down offers for a club he paid a pound for and allegedly wanting a £3 million profit.
In these events, the EFL should be able to step in and facilitate a sale.

Heard him on the radio slagging the fans off for the way they're treating him and his family. Obviously I don't condone them harassing people but he sounded like a right entitled prick. His attitude was "i wont sell unless it suits me, and how dare they get upset about it"

If he wants the harassment to stop he can always change his priorities, put money aside, and let someone else have a go at running the club.

Heard him on the radio slagging the fans off for the way they're treating him and his family. Obviously I don't condone them harassing people but he sounded like a right entitled prick. His attitude was "i wont sell unless it suits me, and how dare they get upset about it"

If he wants the harassment to stop he can always change his priorities, put money aside, and let someone else have a go at running the club.

He's bought the club for a quid and not provided proof of funds to the EFL after 6 months of ownership. He was in the radio last week and namechecked the club Secretary as being able to provide proof of funds and wages. The Secretary resigned the next day.

That new owner, who demonised the previous one is every bit as bad. Turning down offers for a club he paid a pound for and allegedly wanting a £3 million profit.
Iirc there are allegations that he's wanting to flog the ground to housing developers. If true then it would fit as to why he's reluctant to agree a sale of the club. Worth more to him to let the club die. Allegedly.

Iirc there are allegations that he's wanting to flog the ground to housing developers. If true then it would fit as to why he's reluctant to agree a sale of the club. Worth more to him to let the club die. Allegedly.

and yet he's had the brass neck to go on national radio every week playing the victim and saying he's doing everything in his power to save the club. He's a cretin.
as much as I feel for the fans I wish they'd just fuck off and fold now. It's so disruptive to the league.

It's avoidable though and a load of people will lose their jobs (and maybe their houses). It's not right and he should be made to sell.

Last edited:
Surely The FA should look at this and learn from this for the future.

When a club is sold The FA should have a contract stating that if this type of situation arises again that the owner can be stripped of assests such as the ground and training ground. Then they can facilitate with a fans group/new owners and get the club running again
Obviously this is easier said than done!

It's hard to feel sorry for the chairman/owners, rumours are that Bury players were earning 8k + a week in League 2! So they have almost laid their bed.

Sad for the fans though, could so easily have been us!
It's hard to feel sorry for the chairman/owners, rumours are that Bury players were earning 8k + a week in League 2! So they have almost laid their bed.

Sad for the fans though, could so easily have been us!

It’s now at the point where they are going to struggle to fulfill their fixtures no matter what happens. It’s August and they already have 5 extra games to fit in.

100% agree, he should also be sued for negligence.

Surely if the Donald had to have provided proof of funds he had to do the same when he took them over? So he’s falsified documents you’d presume?

I feel truly sorry for their fans, i'd hate to be in their situation but the point is rapidly approaching where enough is enough and they have to be expelled from the league. There's not a hint that they can fulfil any fixture, let alone 46 and it may be best for all concerned if the club goes under and starts again.

The "fit and proper" test is nothing but a joke and this proves it.

and yet he's had the brass neck to go on national radio every week playing the victim and saying he's doing everything in his power to save the club. He's a cretin.

It's avoidable though and a load of people will lose their jobs (and maybe their houses). It's not right and he should be made to sell.
Obviously depends on whether there's any truth in the allegations but irrespective it's very hard to believe anything that he comes out with. Really feel for Bury and their fans. What an absolute horror show for them. Heartbreaking.

There are obviously a few of these charlatans out there though. Pools relatively recently had a director jailed for defrauding the club out of gate money and another set of owners after that nearly finished them off. They're still trying to recover from that shit storm.

Back