Bury

Your original point was that "no money had been spent to regenerate Stratford".

It was.
It ran into billions.
It was tied to the Olympics.
It included a £1.5 billion upgrade of the Jubilee line.

That's all I said - there was government money spent on regeneratibg Stratford - that's undeniable.

If you have a problem HOW it was spent take it up with your MP and elected members.
upgrade the jubilee line? what upgrade? it dgoes to the same stations ow that it always did...and from the same platform it always did? the jubilee line extenxion did have a massive positive impact on east london-but that happened in the 90s.

upgrade the jubilee line? what upgrade? it dgoes to the same stations ow that it always did...and from the same platform it always did? the jubilee line extenxion did have a massive positive impact on east london-but that happened in the 90s.

Your original statement was that "no money had gone into Stratford to regenate the area or improve infrastructure".

You are willfully ignoring the £9.3 billion spent on Stratford and the surrounding area before, during and after the Olympics.

Whether that money was spent wisely is another matter, I am merely refuting your orginal statement (again). For the last time.

That the money was spent is beyond doubt:

Nine billion pounds of private investment in Stratford, Newham, since the 2012 games were announced

London Olympics Transport Upgrade - Railway Technology

London 2012 Olympics, Regeneration of East London

East London's Olympic regeneration is 'creating 5 times more jobs than forecast'

London 2012, 4 Years On: How Stratford Has Transformed

https://propertydivision.co.uk/transport-links-turbo-charge-regeneration-in-stratford/

The Olympic investment in East London has barely scratched the surface of the area's needs | British Politics and Policy at LSE

The legacy of London 2012

Your original statement was that "no money had gone into Stratford to regenate the area or improve infrastructure".

You are willfully ignoring the £9.3 billion spent on Stratford and the surrounding area before, during and after the Olympics.

Whether that money was spent wisely is another matter, I am merely refuting your orginal statement (again). For the last time.

That the money was spent is beyond doubt:

Nine billion pounds of private investment in Stratford, Newham, since the 2012 games were announced

London Olympics Transport Upgrade - Railway Technology

London 2012 Olympics, Regeneration of East London

East London's Olympic regeneration is 'creating 5 times more jobs than forecast'

London 2012, 4 Years On: How Stratford Has Transformed

https://propertydivision.co.uk/transport-links-turbo-charge-regeneration-in-stratford/

The Olympic investment in East London has barely scratched the surface of the area's needs | British Politics and Policy at LSE

The legacy of London 2012
"private investment" of 39bn...my original point was that PRIVATE investmentis going into tottenham and newham-but that politicians are doing nowt for those places..
glad you agree with me..

"private investment" of 39bn...my original point was that PRIVATE investmentis going into tottenham and newham-but that politicians are doing nowt for those places..
glad you agree with me..

I don't.

London Olympics 2012: where does the money come from - and where's it being spent?

9 billion public money initially planned, more was put in as it went over budget.
This is well known and in the public domain.

And private money too.

For someone who lives there you have very little understanding of how and what was spent on your area by Central government.

I don't.

London Olympics 2012: where does the money come from - and where's it being spent?

9 billion public money initially planned, more was put in as it went over budget.
This is well known and in the public domain.

And private money too.

For someone who lives there you have very little understanding of how and what was spent on your area by Central government.
walk through straford-show me the money-i see a stadium-fine-it replaced another stadium in the neighbourhood (upton park) but of course the olympic one is bigger and so brings more people to the area..
i see the westfield centre-which was buolt with priavte money..
hard to see the rest of it..strafotfrd staion has an exit to westfield now that wasnt there before-dd the govt pay for that or did westfield?
rest of it was to fund the olympics..not the area..of course some private businesses will have had a boost from the olympics being there-and the immense publciy around the olympics has made the neighbourhood "more esieable" to live in-but that prices out locals..

walk through straford-show me the money-i see a stadium-fine-it replaced another stadium in the neighbourhood (upton park) but of course the olympic one is bigger and so brings more people to the area..
i see the westfield centre-which was buolt with priavte money..
hard to see the rest of it..strafotfrd staion has an exit to westfield now that wasnt there before-dd the govt pay for that or did westfield?
rest of it was to fund the olympics..not the area..of course some private businesses will have had a boost from the olympics being there-and the immense publciy around the olympics has made the neighbourhood "more esieable" to live in-but that prices out locals..

You said "no public money was spent on Stratford".

It has been, its a matter of public record to such an extent that critiquing the effectiveness of the investment is part of GCSE syllabuses.

That's it. Your assertion was incorrect and you're now try to change the discussion and ask me to prove further over and above the links I've provided. Why don't you prove there was no investment during the Olympics yourself with links, references and proof.

Until then I'm out.

You said "no public money was spent on Stratford".

It has been, its a matter of public record to such an extent that critiquing the effectiveness of the investment is part of GCSE syllabuses.

That's it. Your assertion was incorrect and you're now try to change the discussion and ask me to prove further over and above the links I've provided. Why don't you prove there was no investment during the Olympics yourself with links, references and proof.

Until then I'm out.
there was money spent onhe satadoum-my pint is it benfits straftord hardly at all..money for sports yes? but I would ratehr it was spent on social housing on the same site.

The Olympics was a rip-off.

A huge propaganda exercise that would have delighted Goebbels, and a shitload of much needed funding diverted from the austerity-torn provinces to the affluent South East.

Sebastian Coe did a magnificent job of looking after his own, while further impoverishing millions of people he and his political buddies couldn't give a flying fuck about.

The Olympics was a rip-off.

A huge propaganda exercise that would have delighted Goebbels, and a shitload of much needed funding diverted from the austerity-torn provinces to the affluent South East.

Sebastian Coe did a magnificent job of looking after his own, while further impoverishing millions of people he and his political buddies couldn't give a flying fuck about.

The last thing that part of east London could be described as pre-Olympics was 'affluent'.

It was one of the poorest boroughs in the country.

The last thing that part of east London could be described as pre-Olympics was 'affluent'.

It was one of the poorest boroughs in the country.
Doing alright now though, isn't it ?

More public money pissed away to fuel the South East property bubble. Some toff, tax-dodger oligarch or money-launderer will be enjoying the dividend from this rerouting of cash from the provinces.

It's almost like nowhere else exists in the UK to invest in.

Last edited:
Doing alright now though, isn't it ?

More public money pissed away to fuel the South East property bubble. Some toff, tax-dodger oligarch or money-launderer will be enjoying the dividend from this rerouting of cash from the provinces.

It's almost like nowhere else exists in the UK to invest in.

The investment came about because of the Olympics.

No other city in this country other than London would have won an Olympic bid.

Council Tax payers in London also paid an annual surcharge towards the cost of staging the games.

Who gives a bollocks about Stratford, the Olympics, west ham etc etc.

Are Bury OK???

Back