Burning an xbox 360 disc

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

littlened

I have a .iso and .dvd file in a folder, what's the best way to get these onto a disc?

I've looked on google, but there seems to be various different ways of doing it that I don't really know which is the most common.

I have a .iso and .dvd file in a folder, what's the best way to get these onto a disc?

I've looked on google, but there seems to be various different ways of doing it that I don't really know which is the most common.

Imgburn is a free prog and will burn the global image. Nero is fine too. Plenty of free versions of that to download. I think you can FTP the image across to the hard disc too and use it from there if you don't fancy using dual layer discs. Don't have one myself but that's what I have seen done.

Last edited:
Imgburn is a free prog and will burn the global image. Nero is fine too. Plenty of free versions of that to download. I think you can FTP the image across to the hard disc too and use it from there if you don't fancy using dual layer discs.

Imgburn is a free prog and will burn the global image. Nero is fine too. Plenty of free versions of that to download. I think you can FTP the image across to the hard disc too and use it from there if you don't fancy using dual layer discs. Don't have one myself but that's what I have seen done.
cheers!

cheers!

So it's just a case of burning the ISO like you would any normal ISO?

I've read that you have to burn at the slowest rate possible, is that still the case.

You need to set the Layer break from what I can remember.
Been ages since I burnt any as I have went all legit, cos bairns now want to play online.

Right, I burnt a game to DVD, but when I put it into the xbox it just says'open tray'

Any ideas?

Right, I burnt a game to DVD, but when I put it into the xbox it just says'open tray'

Any ideas?

What discs are you using?

I used to use Aone Plus Dual layers and had mixed results, one pack i got 24/25 success another pack i got 12/25 :-(

Verbatims were regarded as the best to use (their price reflects it... approx £2 a disc) but that was a good few months ago so might have changed since all the new waves

Last edited:
What discs are you using?

I used to use Aone Plus Dual layers and had mixed results, one pack i got 24/25 success another pack i got 12/25 :-(

Verbatims were regarded as the best to use (their price reflects it... approx £2 a disc) but that was a good few months ago so might have changed since all the new waves

Using verbatims +r

It's just dawned on me, i forgot to reconnect the sat cable when I flashed the drive earlier today.
:lol:

^ this.

Just point it at the .dvd file and press burn. Simples. The DVD file does everything for you and CloneDVD is a top writer, used it for years.

As for the slowest speeds, I used to do them on 2.4 (2.5? summit like that anyways) and they take about 40 minutes or summit. Lately ive just been deein them on max and have had no problems (had a couple of game crashes mind but I think thats because the dvds Im using are a bit iffy, the last batch worked 100%).

Using verbatims +r

Make sure they are from Singapore, most sellers will advertise this as they are the better quality ones.

Got a batch from India or summit once and about 5 out of 20 worked, enough to turn me racist ;) :-D

Just checkin that u have a dvd writer capable of burning dual layered discs?

I used Arita discs search for them on ebay about a tenner for 25 never had a coaster yet

Last edited:
Gotta watch with these cheaper discs. Brother used to use them on his but none of them would work in my machine.

No probs if you will never use them on anyone elses console like, but worth keeping in mind.

Verbatim (singapore) all the way for me.

I've burnt 2 disks so far, and both seem to be working flawlessly. Says made in india on the side of the disk packet anarl.

Burning a 3rd disk now, so we'll see if I'm 3rd time lucky.

I've burnt 2 disks so far, and both seem to be working flawlessly. Says made in india on the side of the disk packet anarl.

Burning a 3rd disk now, so we'll see if I'm 3rd time lucky.

Even on the cheapies I'm using atm I havent had a single coaster out of about 15 or so.

I've found any issues I had in the past were solved by replacing the writer. When my last writer was on the way out even Verbs wouldn't work, though then I was getting burn errors rather than unplayable (but fully burnt) discs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back