burglar alarms,waste of time or not

sheddweller

Full Back
Yet again the neighbourhood resounds to the squealing of a home burglar alarm and the screech of police response cars fleeing to apprehend the intruders .Hold On ,NO .
Of course no one ever takes any notice.
So stop installing them .
Rant Over .
My first post and yes i am retired and sitting here at home.
BLOODY ALARMS .

Yet again the neighbourhood resounds to the squealing of a home burglar alarm and the screech of police response cars fleeing to apprehend the intruders .Hold On ,NO .
Rant Over .
BLOODY ALARMS .
Do you like crisps?

I installed a new home alarm system recently and have never felt safer.

I've disconnected my home alarm system and de-registered from the Neighborhood Watch.

I've got two Pakistani flags raised in the front garden, one at each corner, and the black flag of ISIS in the center.

The local police, MI5, the Secret Service and other agencies are all watching the house 24/7. I've never felt safer and I am saving £50.00 a month.

Rant Over .
BLOODY ALARMS .
All the best retired people dont give a toss and catch up with a nana nap in the afternoon if any sleep is disturbed....thats what retirements all about....re charge batteries for the nights parties!

Rant Over .
BLOODY ALARMS .

That's the type of statement a burglar would make

I installed a new home alarm system recently and have never felt safer.

I've disconnected my home alarm system and de-registered from the Neighborhood Watch.

I've got two Pakistani flags raised in the front garden, one at each corner, and the black flag of ISIS in the center.

The local police, MI5, the Secret Service and other agencies are all watching the house 24/7. I've never felt safer and I am saving £50.00 a month.

:lol:. I like it.
Seriously though, i'd say yes they have a certain deterrent effect, but just to the extent that they make you less likely to be the target.
I've been burgled about 3 times, in a small way. Not much lost, not much damage, and we've always had an alarm.

I used to do emergency call outs to burgled houses and shops for an agency. I'd say 8 out of 10 houses didn't have an alarm.
I'd board up windows and fit new front doors, that sort of thing.

Don’t get a new one. Get an old one. Or at least one that looks old.

As long as your house is less easy to break into than the neighbours you’re sorted.

Alarms are pointless, a dummy alarm box is just as effective and money much better spent, IMO.

I leave a light or two on all night (LED lighting, before any tree huggers start), have security lights front and back, and the alley down the side of my house to the back garden has a high locked gate and permanent LED lighting. I have heavy composite exterior doors with good locks.

I feel pretty safe, I’ve never really felt the need for a neighbour botherer...erm...alarm system.

If you leave your house looking unoccupied, you’re going to attract burglars. Lights on at night, maybe a small radio on during the day to make it sound like someone’s in. You don’t need to spend money on alarms unless you’re in a particularly vulnerable situation, ie living on Teesside.

Alarms are pointless, a dummy alarm box is just as effective and money much better spent, IMO.

I leave a light or two on all night (LED lighting, before any tree huggers start), have security lights front and back, and the alley down the side of my house to the back garden has a high locked gate and permanent LED lighting. I have heavy composite exterior doors with good locks.

I feel pretty safe, I’ve never really felt the need for a neighbour botherer...erm...alarm system.

If you leave your house looking unoccupied, you’re going to attract burglars. Lights on at night, maybe a small radio on during the day to make it sound like someone’s in. You don’t need to spend money on alarms unless you’re in a particularly vulnerable situation, ie living on Teesside.
You will sharp change your tune when they've had all the time in the world to wonder about inside your home freely, go through absolutely everything and leave you a nice big shit on your bedroom carpet.

Rant Over .
BLOODY ALARMS .
TBH mate as long as the burglar takes notice I don’t give a hoot what the nieghbours think.

Back