Burdon Road to be made bus only

Status
Not open for further replies.

I live at one end of that bus only bit. No one I've spoke to here is bothered. They're not just making it bus only, they're building a new road that goes round the back of the old fire station but and to the roundabout at the school. It'd add 40 seconds max to most journeys that use that road. 2 minutes max on to a journey from mill hill to silky either way

I'm wholly against the building of everything round here as it'll be a knacker for years to come, but this bus bit is nowt really if you look at the map. People talking like it's the whole dual carriageway from tunstall to doxy international Think about it man, not even the council are that daft

Intrigued by the 3G pitches mind.

And at least the area won't stink of manure for 3 weeks every spring if that farmers gannin

Not everyone can be arsed clicking on stuff.
Plus as has been pointed out other Burdon Rds are available.
Not everyone knows road names but will know it if what is at either end is pointed out.
On a phone the map is virtually unreadable.

Or is Burdon Rd the back road out of Ryhope from The Guide Post that eventually turns ower the A19?
Or is it the one from the eastern most roundabout on the Doxy Freeway to the road that goes past the Guide Post?

IM still not beyond signing the petition yet but......
I lived at Doxy for a lifetime and never called that road Burdon Road.

I live at one end of that bus only bit. No one I've spoke to here is bothered. They're not just making it bus only, they're building a new road that goes round the back of the old fire station but and to the roundabout at the school. It'd add 40 seconds max to most journeys that use that road. 2 minutes max on to a journey from mill hill to silky either way

I'm wholly against the building of everything round here as it'll be a knacker for years to come, but this bus bit is nowt really if you look at the map. People talking like it's the whole dual carriageway from tunstall to doxy international Think about it man, not even the council are that daft

And at least the area won't stink of manure for 3 weeks every spring if that farmers gannin
You must live in Rushworth then? They can get straight onto that roundabout and away along to doxy park way.

I live at the other end where the mini roundabout is. It means I've got to go out and right past venerable bede and the double back on myself, or head through Silksworth to head to the A19 to commute to work. The wife heads towards Burdon, past the play farm and onto a690, she's gonna have to do the same. Pain in the arse. It's going to force more people on those routes. All those coming up from the hope road.

Plans look canny to me.
Even that small bus only section?

f***ing hell, how long you been left?
I moved south in 83 which is why I was asking where Burdon Road is. I know where the one is down by Mowbray Park and I know where Burdon is but nivver heard of anywhere called Burdon Rd.

The farmers where there long before any of the houses up that way

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back