Bumping into SMBers

Anyways now that weird interruption is over how about back on track.

My question is how do these meetings happen? Do you just ask randoms if they're off the RTG?

I know a few off here from the 5 a side forum. Had a board team for years (we weren’t very good)

I’ve had one or two from here PM me and guess exactly who I was based off my posts.

Seen a lad at work posting on here, I would never have guessed it was him as he’s more articulate on here than he is in real life.

In terms of chance meetings, I’ve only had one. Was in a pub and was PM’ing someone on here using my phone for a match ticket. Randomer saw Forum Runner on my phone, and then introduced me to Flavanoids who was in there at the time. He was very polite from what I remember. Which is difficult, I was in the midst of a 3 day session...

I know a few off here from the 5 a side forum. Had a board team for years (we weren’t very good)

I’ve had one or two from here PM me and guess exactly who I was based off my posts.

Seen a lad at work posting on here, I would never have guessed it was him as he’s more articulate on here than he is in real life.

In terms of chance meetings, I’ve only had one. Was in a pub and was PM’ing someone on here using my phone for a match ticket. Randomer saw Forum Runner on my phone, and then introduced me to Flavanoids who was in there at the time. He was very polite from what I remember. Which is difficult, I was in the midst of a 3 day session...
within moments of meeting Flavs I think I punched him in the face

great bloke though

forum runner, those were the days.

@NewAdventuresInWiFi spotted me in ttonic outside area once. Nice lad.

Not able to tag him, has he left? Decent poster so I hope not.

Edit: seems to have tagged him now

Despite being absolutely fcuking wankered (both then & now) I actually remember that.

We spoke briefly about REM, Frightened Rabbit, & Frank Turner.

Can’t have been that long before the first whole lockdown nonsense??

yes it hurt but I had to send a message to Flavs / myself
I remember how that all came about. When you first appeared on here none of us thought you were real, and that you were another poster on a wind up. Flav "volunteered" to meet you and hence took one for the team so to speak :lol: I'm sure there was a thread on it at the time. You were doing your nut because none us believed who you were. I'm sure @Epping and @shepherd88 will remember it

Last edited:
Despite being absolutely fcuking wankered (both then & now) I actually remember that.

We spoke briefly about REM, Frightened Rabbit, & Frank Turner.

Can’t have been that long before the first whole lockdown nonsense??
We have tremendous taste in music mate!

I can't even remember when it was haha I was amazed you even knew who I was!

Most SMB'ers I have ever knew are amazing people, really sound. One person was the worst person I have ever met, but suppose on the whole all were spot on.

Some of the people I have met via SMB are the nicest most genuine people I have ever met.

Last edited:
Most SMB'ers I have ever knew are amazing people, really sound. One person was the worst person I have ever met, but suppose on the whole all were spot on.

Some of the people I have met via SMB are the nicest most genuine people I have ever met.
I'm not that bad man!! ;)

I can confirm that Ceverton is a good lad.

Back