Bumping into SMBers

didn't know there was a hotel there? bloody hell, calling it the red lion brings back memories. had some canny nights in the nightclub there.
IIRC the old Red Lion pub is now the house opposite, on the other side of the A19.
Only ever went to the nightclub in an organised bus party so mainly couples and almost polite and respectable :rolleyes::lol:

have met, Orosso, Pell, Parkmaverick, Ena Sharples and The Voice of Reason in pubs in Durham watching the match. All really nice people. RIP to TVOR he was the sort of man everyone would want as a friend.

Met Miss Robinson a couple of times, classy, very intelligent lady.

Last but not least met Wilfy at the Museum Vaults for a few beers and went home hammered. The bonus that day was THELORDROWELL turned up with his little dog Charley. TLR was much maligned on here and the target for many WUM's but I found him to be very intelligent and spent a lot of the afternoon chatting to him. I hope he's still around.

Anyone care to give me the greedy story?

I remember howling at the thread with his quotes and saw the guy Ritchie style video clip. I just assumed he was full of shit, not actually successfully globetrotting with cash to give away etc.

What did/does he do? And why would he leave here?

He seemed to have thick skin judging from some of the flack and piss taking I saw him receive.

Met a good few in my time. Orosso ayesane steeed (I think iirc) amongst others during photography :eek: Meet-ups donkeys years ago.

AndyM, redandwhiterob, clyde and whed too.

oh aye and Hank.

Last edited:
Met loads off here at the games over the years and at the coast to coast way back before I had kids, flav probably being the funniest but the vast majority have all come across as decent people and I remain friends with a lot of the on FB.

Garydon probably the nicest bloke you can ever meet. His dad has just passed away from covid, gutted for him, used to chat to him at the games, big tough looking bloke he was but a lovely fella too.

Anyone care to give me the greedy story?

I remember howling at the thread with his quotes and saw the guy Ritchie style video clip. I just assumed he was full of shit, not actually successfully globetrotting with cash to give away etc.

What did/does he do? And why would he leave here?

He seemed to have thick skin judging from some of the flack and piss taking I saw him receive.
The man has some well connected friends that’s for sure.

I think he left as Jesus did, as part of his legend, some say he may return one day.

Back