Bumping into SMBers

First time I met him was at one of the Chelsea away matches along with GavMackem. It was freezing and the daft twat wasn't dressed appropriately. He was moaning on about having to buy a jumper. Not any old jumper - it had to be cashmere of course.
What colour and round or v neck ? :lol:
I bumped into him at a Simple Minds gig in Margate of all places. Seemed a good lad and had a couple of beers with him and his mate.
He bloody loves that band, bet he's met Simple Jim :cool:

Last edited:
He bloody loves that band, bet he's met Simple Jim :cool:

Met him a couple of times: lovely, down to earth bloke.

First time was Camden Palace in about 84. There were loads of Z list wannabe (but never quite were) New Romantics swanning round like they owned the place and then there was Jim Kerr, sitting in a stairwell with a slab of Carling, sharing his beer with whoever approached him.

This thread is like those spoof documentaries, parodying those Love in documentaries with people you don't know sharing anecdotes .
You either bump into people or you don't ,finding out they are on here seems a bit neither here nor there .

First time I met him was at one of the Chelsea away matches along with GavMackem. It was freezing and the daft twat wasn't dressed appropriately. He was moaning on about having to buy a jumper. Not any old jumper - it had to be cashmere of course.

As part of a larger group bumped into GavMackem at a few aways in London many moons ago.

Spent a very nice hour with a past poster on here who I used to argue with very intensely...a splendid chap.
Obviously I wont name this person as it will annoy all of his world famous mates such as Di Caprio and every formula 1 driver...

I bumped in to him in the harbour once and had a chat with him he was spot on, kept on trying to buy us drinks. Got a photo taken with our massive heads together.

Met a few in various situations and it was all very nice.

Also walked past @jubblies and @muggboots and have been followed around Tesco by @Napoleon Dynamite

And as a nod to the OP, the other party saved my life once.

This is true
This thread is like those spoof documentaries, parodying those Love in documentaries with people you don't know sharing anecdotes .
You either bump into people or you don't ,finding out they are on here seems a bit neither here nor there .

Someones jealous not being part of the bantz

Last edited:
Once bumped into the OP when he was trying to snitch on a blind SMBer to 40,000 people, formed an unshakable image that haunts me to this day.

Piegate was mentioned
I was crying just reading that

I think I sat next to greedy at a home game once, he certainly looked very much like the man in the YouTube video, and he had an accent from south so I like to think it was him.

I realise that no one will believe me of course

Last edited:

Back