Bullying and harassment on here

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't think there is a bully crew like some are suggesting, however the amount of times I have seen or had the word scum directed at someone or towards myself, especially on the politics forum is absolutely horrendous.

I'm not saying that stupid and completely pointless name calling doesn't come from every side on that forum, but that particular word is oft used by quite a few people on there and for a long time I have been either ignoring it or calling it out, but I think now is the time where I start reporting it.

I get that politics is very divisive, especially right now given the climate, but it's excruciatingly painful trying to get a rational conversation from most people on that board without it descending into utter chaos for absolutely no reason whatsoever other than to boost their egos, and that comes from both sides of the argument.

There was one in particular called me scum a long while back and I simply asked him to take back using that word and I got a reply along the lines of 'If you don't like my language, you can shove it'. This was for something as simple as disagreeing with their perspective and I can guarantee I wasn't even antagonising them either. Quite a few on this board know me and know that I couldn't antagonise anyone even if I put 110% effort into the fucker 🤣

I genuinely think that politics forum needs heavier moderating settings than the rest of the board because it gets toxic way too quick and puts so many reasonable people off commenting even if it's a big issue. The problem is if you get rid of the politics forum or any politically sensitive issues come on to the SMB forum, the same protagonists derail them threads too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back