Bullying and harassment on here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Far too much gets ignored on here, either because people think it's just funny banter, or because they're too scared to challenge the horrible miserable fuckers doing it.

This place can be better. It's up to you to make it better. If you see someone getting bullied on here, say something.

Farewell. Good luck.
The report button is there for a reason.

Bye

Maybe I don't get on as much, but it's fairly light compared to many moons back, and not sure if I'd regard it as bullying. Just some threads, a certain group of posters waded in, sometimes for views which were a little out there. I thought online bullying was more of a personal nature, dropping in stuff that relates back into the real world/life, then getting into DM'ing stuff, although Im here to be educated if online bullying is something else?

Far too much gets ignored on here, either because people think it's just funny banter, or because they're too scared to challenge the horrible miserable fuckers doing it.

This place can be better. It's up to you to make it better. If you see someone getting bullied on here, say something.

Farewell. Good luck.
It’s when a certain group get together. There’s no reasoning and they just outright bully the poster. It’s embarrassing and sad

Farewell. Good luck.
Snowflakey Karen

Don't know what the OP is referring to specifically but he always comes across as a complete Wally everytime he talks about politics. Probably for the best he leaves the board.

It's not ideal, but it's also a lot better than past years. I find the mods to be more helpful, than unhelpful above all.

It’s when a certain group get together. There’s no reasoning and they just outright bully the poster. It’s embarrassing and sad

This is true too. There is a certain thread I now avoid because having another point of view is not welcome, and I've found I experienced coordinated doxxing, harassment and personal attacks just because I disagreed.

Last edited:
Having never been on the Politics Forum I can't pass comment on that but I have noticed this week a little bit of bullying on certain threads in the Parsnip section which were totally uncalled for and much ado about nothing too.
A totally pointless exercise from one set of posters and what they get from it I will never understand.

Exactly what I did, didn't post much anyway, as most threads descend into the same chaos and repetitive argument/wind up, normally same people every time involved. Just drop in once in while for a read, then tip toe back out.
I’ve never even looked at let alone post. I’m here because SAFC is my team and is what unites us, I look at the SMB and that as far as it goes.

Why on earth would anybody expect to have agreement on a political forum. As you get older, you realise that whatever colour the party they are all career politicians there for the rinse, donations and lobbying with the odd exception, ie messers Benn & Mullins and the like.

Half the lies they tell you are not true.

You only get 'bullied' on the politics forum if you post utter shite without being able to back it up with facts and information. It's not difficult.

If you come on and spout something like '10,000 immigrants a day are coming into the UK illegally and that's why the NHS is on its knees' - okay I'm paraphrasing but that's the type of shite that gets posted - then don't claim you are being bullied when people ask where you get your information from, and call you out when links are provided giving actual evidence to the contrary. Or claiming that climate change isn't real. That's not just 'a different opinion '
You only get 'bullied' on the politics forum if you post utter shite without being able to back it up with facts and information. It's not difficult.

If you come on and spout something like '10,000 immigrants a day are coming into the UK illegally and that's why the NHS is on its knees' - okay I'm paraphrasing but that's the type of shite that gets posted - then don't claim you are being bullied when people ask where you get your information from, and call you out when links are provided giving actual evidence to the contrary. Or claiming that climate change isn't real. That's not just 'a different opinion ' - the
There’s a terrible poster (contributor). He posts some horrendous stuff and never gets checked.
He leads a small group who bully and tussle their way through each politics thread. Rather than address the issue we get told ‘so’ you don’t like the politics forum well ignore it. :lol:

Who is it? Can you give us an example of this bullying? Even just an example of a thread and I'll read it to see if I can see what you see.

Last edited:

If you come on and spout something like '10,000 immigrants a day are coming into the UK illegally and that's why the NHS is on its knees' - okay I'm paraphrasing but that's the type of shite that gets posted - then don't claim you are being bullied when people ask where you get your information from, and call you out when links are provided giving actual evidence to the contrary. Or claiming that climate change isn't real. That's not just 'a different opinion '

If you come on and spout something like '10,000 immigrants a day are coming into the UK illegally and that's why the NHS is on its knees' - okay I'm paraphrasing but that's the type of shite that gets posted - then don't claim you are being bullied when people ask where you get your information from, and call you out when links are provided giving actual evidence to the contrary. Or claiming that climate change isn't real. That's not just 'a different opinion ' - the

Who is it? Can you give us an example of this bullying? Even just an example of a thread and I'll read it to see if I can see what you see.
:D Even after editing the post you still buggered it up you silly sausage :D

This/these people are either very stupid or a former chairman of Exon Mobile and the like and deserve to be bullied tbf.

There’s a terrible poster (contributor). He posts some horrendous stuff and never gets checked.
He leads a small group who bully and tussle their way through each politics thread. Rather than address the issue we get told ‘so’ you don’t like the politics forum well ignore it. :lol:
Has this poster bullied you Bevy? Is that why you're too scared to name him?

I used to get bullied like, don’t anymore but I’ll never forget the user names of the people who used to.
I was an early member and became a striker reasonably soon. I really enjoyed the site. I never wanted to use Facebook or Twitter. They are low quality and often cruel as well as full of liars and really quite unpleasant people.

Then the bullying began on here . After about two years of it I gave up and closed my account.

About six months later I started to read the site without membership and later on took up a new name and now take part once more. I doubt if I will get to striker again but it doesn't matter. The quality of the site has dropped hugely. The bullying, rudeness, foul language and inability or reluctance of many to put a simple sentence together is much worse now than it was and the site is nowhere near the pleasure it was when it started.

I still don't use Twitter or Facebook so at least 40% of threads are unintelligible to me. I wonder whether their inclusion in posts is simpl laziness or a genuine desire to inform. Either way they are illegible to me, and will remain so. Those sites are dangerous.

I was very recently serious bullied again in a thread I started in good faith about season cards this year. We got up to over 300 posts, a high proportion of which were very unpleasant. I cannot say that I was worried, but there is no joy in such messages.

However I found myself retaliating which horrified me. That is not in my nature and not why I come on here, I gave myself a good slap and stopped. Never again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back