Bulk cooking and freezing

She's due to give birth end of the month so I've cooked a load of meals and put them in 2-person containers and froze them. My great idea :cool::cool:

Brown some Cumberland sausages.

Slice up some onions, carrots and potatoes. Cube some corned beef. Chop up ya sausages. Layer them in a casserole dish. Salt, black pepper, and fill with gravy. Lash it in the oven for a few hours.

Mix two parts self raising flour to 1 part suet. Pinch of salt, bit pepper if ya want, splash of water. Mix to a firm dough. Divide it into balls and hoy them in for the oven for the last half hour.

Serve. And don't worry about leaving any for freezing 'cos it's ower lush to not have 2nds n 3rds.

Buttered stottie/white bread to mop up is optional.
Dumplings in panack?
What’s wrong with you?

Got a decent recipe for this? Made it for the first time a couple of months back and wasn't massively impressed with it.

I didn't make it, and not sure if it's proper panackalty!!1! but she seemingly just tossed sausages, corned beef, onions, peas, turnip, brocolli, etc, altogether with potatos over the top. Think the gravy had worcester sauce in it... could be wrong, like :eek:

Shit re-heated.

Fills a hole like, quick, cheap and pretty healthy :D

Back