Bulgaria v England - ITV

Did anyone find it interesting how the big group of hoolies left at half time without much effort being put in by the authorities ?

I think they attended as an FU to UEFA and their protocol rather than anything, so I think that they were only ever intending to push the first two steps of that protocol thing before leaving. Their agenda seemed more anti-uefa than anything, with all the no respect banners and things.

Yes because being racist and not wanting endless immigration is exactly the same thing
There were a few on here who didn't seem so fussed with Paolo Di Canio doing the salute.

As much as I condone the Bulgarians, our holier than thou attitude is also quite annoying in all of this. Think the indignant way the players and manager spoke before the game was rather disrespectful, our fans were acting like idiots the whole night as well in the stadium, obviously there was lots of fighting in Sofia and I don’t believe we are really on top of our own racism problem in this country - it was only 2 weeks ago that a major incident occurred at Hartlepool that had racism at its centre.

This whole wanting to remove the two chances thing is a joke as well - I remember a mag making a monkey gesture when they conceded before - should that game have been abandoned instantly like some are suggesting? Sure someone in our fans did something similar before as well. There are idiots up and down the country, so we need to get off our pedestal, as I think the condemning attitude of our media in particular is a disgrace.

Last edited:

I think they attended as an FU to UEFA and their protocol rather than anything, so I think that they were only ever intending to push the first two steps of that protocol thing before leaving. Their agenda seemed more anti-uefa than anything, with all the no respect banners and things.

Yes because being racist and not wanting endless immigration is exactly the same thing

As much as I condone the Bulgarians, our holier than thou attitude is also quite annoying in all of this. Think the indignant way the players and manager spoke before the game was rather disrespectful, our fans were acting like idiots the whole night as well in the stadium, obviously there was lots of fighting in Sofia and I don’t believe we are really on top of our own racism problem in this country - it was only 2 weeks ago that a major incident occurred at Hartlepool that had racism at its centre.

This whole wanting to remove the two chances thing is a joke as well - I remember a mag making a monkey gesture when they conceded before - should that game have been abandoned instantly like some are suggesting? Sure someone in our fans did something similar before as well. There are idiots up and down the country, so we need to get off our pedestal, as I think the condemning attitude of our media in particular is a disgrace.
I don't think we've got a holier than thou attitude. Plenty of people have commented that we still have racist incidents at football games in our country but what's different is how its handled. The hartlepool incident you mentioned the club came straight out condemning the perpetrators and vowed to ban them making it known to the rest of their fan base its unacceptable. The incidents with the Newcastle fan and the earlier one with a Sunderland fan were a single fan and were called out and highlighted (not sure if they got a ban but I hope so). Yes our football has incidents but we are light years ahead of places like Bulgaria with how we tackle racism and we should let them know its unacceptable

Interesting development Because that is classed as state interference and at odds with FIFA directives.

If they can’t ban them from competitions for being racist bastards, they’ve now got another potential route, ironically because their sports minister was trying to do the right thing.

I don't think we've got a holier than thou attitude. Plenty of people have commented that we still have racist incidents at football games in our country but what's different is how its handled. The hartlepool incident you mentioned the club came straight out condemning the perpetrators and vowed to ban them making it known to the rest of their fan base its unacceptable. The incidents with the Newcastle fan and the earlier one with a Sunderland fan were a single fan and were called out and highlighted (not sure if they got a ban but I hope so). Yes our football has incidents but we are light years ahead of places like Bulgaria with how we tackle racism and we should let them know its unacceptable

Didn’t mean to infer that the people on here do - to the contrary I don’t believe this to be true. Moreso the media. The way itv were talking was rather over the top, especially considering the numerous problems that channels had in the past. Just sounded a bit, almost, provocative at times and unnecessary

last night on itv was a orgy of virtue signalling , led by mark "im not racist" pougatch . we get it racism is bad - sheesh

Didn’t mean to infer that the people on here do - to the contrary I don’t believe this to be true. Moreso the media. The way itv were talking was rather over the top, especially considering the numerous problems that channels had in the past. Just sounded a bit, almost, provocative at times and unnecessary
I agree ITV seemed to revel in it somewhat

And some people are so keen to find reasons to deflect away from the issue

not saying you do that all the time, but you kind of do
ive already stated racism is bad , i think we all understand that . but its rammed down our throats day in day out these days , i`ve have a gullet full

Back