Bulb Energy

Absilute scheisters and Conmen. Moved into a new house and previous owner had them. I had storage heaters taken out and central heating out in by British gas. There were 2 meters in the house one for storage heaters and one for electricity usage. British gas disables the heating meter and gives me written confirmation is now not in use. Bulb send me bill after bill saying the meter is still in use and after 3 months in my house they reckon I've used nearly a grand in usage even tho I've taken pic after pic showing the meter isn't moving and still showing the same reading.

What about during the day? Could have went on a dual rate meter if you use next to nowt.
We have a dual rate meter. A night and day rate anyway. Shows as Normal/Low
Absilute scheisters and Conmen. Moved into a new house and previous owner had them. I had storage heaters taken out and central heating out in by British gas. There were 2 meters in the house one for storage heaters and one for electricity usage. British gas disables the heating meter and gives me written confirmation is now not in use. Bulb send me bill after bill saying the meter is still in use and after 3 months in my house they reckon I've used nearly a grand in usage even tho I've taken pic after pic showing the meter isn't moving and still showing the same reading.
Will keep and eye on it. Not tied into them either.

Last edited:

Pretty sure BG should have removed (de-energised) the meter completely and updated the d/b. I've not worked in distribution for years so stand to be corrected.

We've just moved to them cos I couldn't be arsed switching after we'd moved flat. The website is very counter intuitive and it's cheaper than British Gas (who isn't) so topper for me.

They de energised it but couldn't remove it because it didn't belong to them.
So surely the MOP can confirm de-energisation? The DC should have sent a D10 to the supplier. Worth asking them who the MOP and DC/DA are too.
So surely the MOP can confirm de-energisation? The DC should have sent a D10 to the supplier. Worth asking them who the MOP and DC/DA are too.
BTW, if it’s de- energised but not removed, you’ll still be liable for standing charges. Are the invoices consumption or just charges?

Last edited:
They de energised it but couldn't remove it because it didn't belong to them.
Can't say I've ever seen two meters for a two rate supply with storage heaters. Generally one meter
With a teleswitch or time clock that switches the rates at certain times
Do you have a pic you can chuck up?

Last edited:
I've just clicked on. The heating engineer has "disabled" the meter and not a mop from the metering side of bg or bulb?
My guess is heating engineer has disabled yout time clock so the meter no longer switches to the night rate and activates the consumer unit that would have been for your storage heaters. Your therfore permanently on the day rate which is more expensive than a standard rate single tariff. You've never been switched to a single rate tariff and so have been racking up usage on the higher rate 24 hours a day. That is what bulb will be billing you for.

Last edited:
They were ok until we got this smart meter in a few month back.
It’s never worked and they don’t accept that their engineer fitted a new elecy meter in so we just get made up bills now.
Pretty usesless customer service although they do credit £20 to the bill every time they fail to sort it out.

Can't say I've ever seen two meters for a two rate supply with storage heaters. Generally one meter
With a teleswitch or time clock that switches the rates at certain times
Do you have a pic you can chuck up?

I think the lad lives in Scotland so thought he might have the THTC heating. Not that I know much about it but pretty sure you have a separate meter for the heating.

Back