Building your own pc

• Thread starter Deleted member 1394
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1394

From the point of view of a complete novice - how difficult is it to do?
Given that I consider myself to be a reasonably intelligent person ...

Quite easy......built all my own and you get the spec you want not what someone wants to give you.

Just make sure you can future proof it and get the best of everything you can afford. Static can be a killer of your nachine or parts so get a static band or discharge your static prior to each step of the build.

Some good you tube videos around to watch. Just be careful and enjoy.

From the point of view of a complete novice - how difficult is it to do?
Given that I consider myself to be a reasonably intelligent person ...
piece of piss mate. just make sure, as @Jimmer13 says, futureproof it. get a decent motherboard with plenty room for expansion.

Also, i stupidly bought a box that only takes a smaller power supply, so now i have the oversized power supply hanging out the back.:lol:

Use pc partpicker to find the cheapest place for bits and that they are all compatible with each other. You can spec your build out and if there are any conflicts it will flag it up.

I got a shop to build me one as I couldnt be arsed with the faff on.

Are we back in 1998?

Can anyone remember the computer fairs all over the place?

I miss the 90’s :cry:

I still see adverts for one in Newcastle. Surely anyone whose into computers enough to buy from a computer fair is capable of getting stuff online for cheaper.

To the OP, it’s very easy just worth through it mathidically, don’t be afraid to unplug stuff again and do it better. There’s plenty of YouTube videos. I’m sure if you put up a spec list on here someone will tell you if it all fits and works together.

You being a Mag on a Sunderland forum makes you an instant bore.

As regurgitating the same old patter. Fair play.

I still see adverts for one in Newcastle. Surely anyone whose into computers enough to buy from a computer fair is capable of getting stuff online for cheaper.

To the OP, it’s very easy just worth through it mathidically, don’t be afraid to unplug stuff again and do it better. There’s plenty of YouTube videos. I’m sure if you put up a spec list on here someone will tell you if it all fits and works together.

Wut.

I remember building my first one back in the 90s. Bought all the stuff and knew exactly what I was doing with the parts and how they went together.

Fcking doddle.

Trouble was I knew nowt about electrics and went and screwed the mother board directly onto the case. Put everything together and proudly surveyed my computer wizardry. Switched the fucker on and heard a small explosion inside....

...and there I was shamefully handing it over to ghi in Jarrow for a new motherboard and chip.

Fuck you Bill Gates

Its very easy but a waste of time these days in my opinion. Theres plenty of system builders who get components cheaper than you can and if anything goes wrong its one company you need to deal with.

Just go to Falcon Computers if you're local and tell them what you want. IIRC they'll build it for you.

Its very easy but a waste of time these days in my opinion. Theres plenty of system builders who get components cheaper than you can and if anything goes wrong its one company you need to deal with.
Aye, if a PSU pops or something else happens you have guarantees and can at least get these fixed.

Back