Building fitness

Starting from pretty much zero here. Have gone from playing football 3 times a week this time last year to next to nothing now.

Other than "just start running until you can't run anymore" does anyone know of any particularly good routines or have any tips as to how to get myself back into it and start building my fitness? Cheers.

Walk / run / walk / run ?
Over the weeks reduce the time walking and slowly increase the time running .
Get a cheap bike to mix things up ?

Starting from pretty much zero here. Have gone from playing football 3 times a week this time last year to next to nothing now.

Other than "just start running until you can't run anymore" does anyone know of any particularly good routines or have any tips as to how to get myself back into it and start building my fitness? Cheers.

Good luck, Im in pretty much the same boat. 5 a side from 1 to 2 times a week and gym 4 days a week to zero. Havent done anything hardly since lockdown last year. Treat the first lockdown like a holiday as well and drank most days in the sun. Put on about one and a half stone and lost all muscle mass (so god knows how much actual fat i have gained). I can wait and am dreading my first game of 5 a side in equal measures.

I have stared calorie counting and have gone pretty much vegie/vegan during the week. If im going to be uber unfit, i can at least drop some weight. Also ordered one of them weight bags from aldi to hammer the squats before 5 a side.

Back