Building a road bridge

OP probably thinking if there’s a bridge to Ireland it’ll make it easier for him to claim EU citizenship there.
Got that sorted a while ago now was fairly straight forward but took a while to process. Will be making my first ever visit next Summer hopefully
We really have reached the peak of stupid haven't we?

We turned our backs on experts in order to live in our own fantasy world of bunting and spitfires.

This is what is left
Why is this a stupid idea? The French are all for it and it would connect us via road with 2 of our largest trading partners

Last edited:
From Britain to NI and from Britain to France. Why has this never been done ? Would surely make a lot of sense for trade and make it much easier and cost effective to drive to the continent if there was a small toll instead of the ferry hassle.

Great idea Boris. We could put a garden on them too to make them more attractive 💡
GB-NI - build something over the trench where we happened to dump our excess WW2 munitions - that sounds like a great idea....not

We did that because the trench is very deep and nobody would dredge them up or hit them.

Of course being so deep, whilst not impossible, it isn't the best of places to build a bridge or tunnel.

Last edited:
Got that sorted a while ago now was fairly straight forward but took a while to process. Will be making my first ever visit next Summer hopefully

Why is this a stupid idea? The French are all for it and it would connect us via road with 2 of our largest trading partners
Nowt stopping you build it marra 😁

From Britain to NI and from Britain to France. Why has this never been done ? Would surely make a lot of sense for trade and make it much easier and cost effective to drive to the continent if there was a small toll instead of the ferry hassle.

Possible? Yes, but at significant cost and some very difficult challenges.

Feasible? Probably not. Someone either pays for this and it’s free if they try to re-coup the cost to build and operate/ maintain which will result in hefty tolls, most likely less cost effective than a ferry or tunnel.

I’d also take on board driving conditions during (or closures due to) storms. I’d not like to get swept off and into the sea following an accident.

Back