Buendía Norwich

There’s only one player we’ve signed in the Donald era who has the potential to sell for big money - and that’s based purely on his age rather than performances to date. It’s another shocking aspect to our recruitment. Most of the players we’ve brought in over the last three windows will struggle to sell for what we paid.
that's just League 1 football tho , there's 44 pro teams at a higher level than us : we are looking at lads who have been scouted to death and 44 Chief Scout said " not for us ".

that's just League 1 football tho , there's 44 pro teams at a higher level than us : we are looking at lads who have been scouted to death and 44 Chief Scout said " not for us ".
Disagree. There’s still a ‘type’ that you can go for in an effort to be the middle man between lower leagues and the premier. Look at what Peterborough do season after season. Clubs higher up the pyramid will look to league one and champ players who are under 23, physically capable and mobile. Players of that profile command a premium over others. Potential is a multiplier on transfer fees. Outside of Dobson there’s not a single player we’ve brought who has decent potential by that definition. If Donald really wants the club to be sustainable, that is a serious miscalculation.

What a player 1.5 million from getafe. The benefits of having decent scouts that venture outside of Scotland. Probably be able to make 30 million profit on him by the end of the season. Isn’t this the model we were promised instead of filling the squad with players with zero value
The highland leagues are brimming with untapped talent man, just look at the depth of the Scottish national squad.

I'm sure the player would have jumped at the chance to play in the third tier instead of the PL, but just as it is the club's fault for not buying every single player better than those we have, if we did go for players like that we would have posts declaring 'why are we buying players with no experience in this country'.
The highland leagues are brimming with untapped talent man, just look at the depth of the Scottish national squad.

Please tell me more about the Highland Leagues and their impact on the Scottish National squad - is it anything like the National League in England and its impact on the English National Squad?

Last edited:
As far as Im aware we have never had a scout in Spain. Most clubs do. I know a fella Bournemouth pay 40k a year to go to matches all over Spain and Portugal watching games. He was at Villa previously, took the lad now at Wolves there from Barca.
Southampton, Brentford and Boro have all been active here for years.
All clubs mentioned are way ahead of us and shouldnt be. Short termism from us for years.

I'm sure the player would have jumped at the chance to play in the third tier instead of the PL, but just as it is the club's fault for not buying every single player better than those we have, if we did go for players like that we would have posts declaring 'why are we buying players with no experience in this country'.

Please tell me more about the Highland Leagues and their impact on the Scottish National squad - is it anything like the National League in England and its impact on the English National Squad?
He played for them in the championship aswel
Look at Michu aswel, cost 2 million would of been at a top club now if he never totally fucked his ankle

Last edited:
There’s only one player we’ve signed in the Donald era who has the potential to sell for big money - and that’s based purely on his age rather than performances to date. It’s another shocking aspect to our recruitment. Most of the players we’ve brought in over the last three windows will struggle to sell for what we paid.

Agree. I assume the one player is Dobson? Would say O'Nien and Willis have potential resell value too.

We’re into our second season in the third division and still there are those who not only think we should be signing premiership quality players but that they would sign! Incredible!!!!

Agree. I assume the one player is Dobson? Would say O'Nien and Willis have potential resell value too.
I think that they do have the potential for profit but not the sort of fees that would make a huge difference to the club. Both are too old to really see the fees get astronomical.

Back