Buendía Norwich

Disagree. There’s still a ‘type’ that you can go for in an effort to be the middle man between lower leagues and the premier. Look at what Peterborough do season after season. Clubs higher up the pyramid will look to league one and champ players who are under 23, physically capable and mobile. Players of that profile command a premium over others. Potential is a multiplier on transfer fees. Outside of Dobson there’s not a single player we’ve brought who has decent potential by that definition. If Donald really wants the club to be sustainable, that is a serious miscalculation.
It would be great to have a team full of promising kids but since Donald's been here we've been proritising experience to try to get out of this league . For the Southampton model to work we'd need better scouting and a reasonably stable first team structure that allowed young prospects to get decent game time in situations where they weren't being booed off at halftime.

What a player 1.5 million from getafe. The benefits of having decent scouts that venture outside of Scotland. Probably be able to make 30 million profit on him by the end of the season. Isn’t this the model we were promised instead of filling the squad with players with zero value
I thought he was very good, first time ive even heard of him was when i saw him on the teamsheet never mind seen him playing. Very impressive and agree he will be sold for a tidy profit.

As far as Im aware we have never had a scout in Spain. Most clubs do. I know a fella Bournemouth pay 40k a year to go to matches all over Spain and Portugal watching games. He was at Villa previously, took the lad now at Wolves there from Barca.
Southampton, Brentford and Boro have all been active here for years.
All clubs mentioned are way ahead of us and shouldnt be. Short termism from us for years.
40k....reckon he will be on a bit more than that!

What a player 1.5 million from getafe. The benefits of having decent scouts that venture outside of Scotland. Probably be able to make 30 million profit on him by the end of the season. Isn’t this the model we were promised instead of filling the squad with players with zero value

You should be a director of football. I don't know why nobody has thought of this/done this before.

Surely you could make any club hundreds of millions with this philosophy. Please, please e-mail our club with this information.

Amount of people missing the point in this thread :lol:

No one expects us to sign Premier League level players now - a decent scouting setup however shows what can be achieved in the long term.

Back