Budapest

Been once about 4 year ago, going back next weekend. I loved it the first time round. Got a recommendation from here on a hotel, in the Jewish district.

Loads to do while you're there. Plenty bars etc and stuff to see. Not a rip off either.
Sounds decent, cheers.

unreal. go visit the baths. can vouch for rudas and gelert. dirt cheap as well. get the bus from airport to town, its the 100 or something, goes every 10/20mins.

Lovely city but was 45 degrees when we went so that restricted us from what we could do on foot so got the open top bus which was pretty good and had free boat ride tickets.

Sipping me tea from a Budapest mug as I post. We ended up just drinking mulled wine from Budapest mugs in the Xmas market for night time entertainment. 1€ deposit so we never took the last ones back. Still got the six now.

Bloody fantastic city. Went last year and me and the mrs (no) both said we would have gone back the next weekend and been able to do/see more stuff.

Just got back yesterday.

Fantastic city. If your going soon wrap up cos it bloody cold. The wind coming off the river is ridiculous.

Get the 100E from the airport. Its a shuttle bus with about 3 stops then your in the centre. Takes about 40-45 minutes and only 900HUF.

Fishermans bastion and the castle are well worth a look. Also get good views of the city from the castle. The local beer Soproni taste pretty good too.

Make sure you do the Szechenyi thermal bath one day.

Id recommend a café called Stika if you want a decent breakfast and coffee one morning too.

Back