Bucket Lists......

That's true,but procrastination is the thief of time is a follow on to life is what happens while your making a bucket list in other words life passes quickly if you don't act upon your plans.
But my point is life passes at the same time wether you have lists or not. Most of the best events/times/experiences are not planned and that’s what makes them unforgettable and stand out. I think when we make lists they are for the benefit of other people almost a dinner party conversation piece. My mate had the northern lights on his ‘bucket list’ I’ve known him for 35 years and not once did he mention this until bucket lists turned up. He paid £6k for the cruise. Apart from the first time I seen him after he had been it hasn’t been mentioned.
If you don’t carry out items on your list will you be disappointed?

Yes, definitely. If so live to be an old person who always wears a coat on a hot sunny day I don’t want to look back at my list and think why didn’t I get these things, I desperately wanted to do, done?

It wouldn’t cross my mind to talk to other people about any of the things I’ve ticked off (unless they ask me specifically). TKe your point though. I know the type who would do that. Maybe we’re all different - a good thing I think.

I would be if I didn't do them,but I am doing them,bucket-list is just a list of things I would like to do before I kick the bucket,some don't feel the need to do anything,its a personal list.

I would be if I didn't do them,but I am doing them,bucket-list is just a list of things I would like to do before I kick the bucket,some don't feel the need to do anything,its a personal list.
So you have list of things to do before you die but won’t be disappointed if you don’t complete them all. Isn’t that just called living your life? And you are in fact procrastinating by taking time out from living your life to write a list?
My point being if you need to have a list in case you forget them and you’re not going to be disappointed if you don’t do them all well to me you shouldn’t have a list.
Surely these can change from time to time. I wanted to retire to Florida and run a charter boat. Met the missus and that has changed.
Glad I didn’t have a list I’d feel a failure.

So you have list of things to do before you die but won’t be disappointed if you don’t complete them all. Isn’t that just called living your life
No,i said I wouldn't be happy if I didn't complete my own personal bucket list,and its not written down so no time wasted procrastinating,i am getting through it at a decent rate,been fishing already in florida and for some decent fish in Thailand,i will complete the list,its all in hand.

I don't have a bucket list but fully understand why people have them.

I have never been ambitious, never had the desire to travel world etc.

I have a good marriage, am relatively healthy for an over 65. I have never had any desire to make millions

I am happy to enjoy simple pleasures, ie go to the match, few beers here and there, go out for a decent meal, a bet, couple of UK holidays a year and just do as I please when I want.

I am content with my life

1. See my kids settled, happy and secure.
2. Go on a world cruise. One of those where you are away 12 months. Probably won'y happen due to cost however one can hope.
3. Retire before i am fucked and too old to enjoy the time left.

I've started a bit of a sporting one, aiming for a couple of events a year. Went to the F1 last month and off to the MotoGP this month. Looking at things like golf tournaments, different football matches and events I've not traditionally followed but always fancied going to see, try to get abroad to do something every couple of year maybe.
F1 was on mine. Went to the Spanish GP this year.

I rarely plan owt, always been one for believing fate will determine most things and to date it’s done me ok. Been to lots of places, done lots of stuff, ate some interesting food, met some interesting people.

Before I kick the bucket (devoid of a list) I’d love to see the bairn settled and sorted then I could quite happily shuffle off.

I had one for sporting events

England game
Sunderland at wembley
World title heavy weight boxing
ashes game
grand national
6 nations game
rugby league grand final
f1

all don't just want to do chelt fest
world cup game
golf either masters or ryder cup
some Olympic events

I would like to see Everest (not the double glazing company), see Varanasi and Rishikesh, see angkor wat and see the cherry blossom in kyoto. Might do them in one go next year.
But if I don't see them I won't die disappointed, I will be dying for fucks sake :-(

It’s on my list to do Everest base camp although at nearly 53 the time is slipping away.

Lad I used to work with had a bucket list a mile long. All he ever said was 'it's on the bucket list' about everything, despite hardly ever leaving the house other than to do to work.

I've still not visited Asia or South America, and would very much like to. I'd quite like to be able to play chess.

I can't imagine being on my deathbed and regretting have not done those mind. I tend to do whatever I want all the time anyway.
Always been curious about the fillet O fish.

:lol:

That is fantastic.

Went to uni with a lad whose favourite thing to get from McDonald's was a fillet-o-fish. Stopped talking to him.

Back