Bucket Lists......

Took me about 10 mins. I appreciate it’s not for everybody but regularly I spend a few minutes prioritising things I want/need to do in a working day, working week, a weekend or a year. This is just prioritising the things I want to do in life to make sure they get done. Otherwise (for me T least) I’s Just amble along, get to 70 (if I am lucky) and think “shit, what happened there?”
That’s me that is.

living life without a bucket list is hardly procrastination mate.
That's true,but procrastination is the thief of time is a follow on to life is what happens while your making a bucket list in other words life passes quickly if you don't act upon your plans.

Whats your planned route?I tried to follow the old silk route back from Hong Kong,but ended up killing time in Islamabad waiting for my Iranian visa till iran decided they weren't giving UK citizens transit visas.
Time and money won't let me do it as a one off completely trip. I've done a fair bit of travelling and mostly it's been overland ( train boat car truck). If I put all my travelling on a map in a black marker I'd like eventually to have a black marker that traversed the world.

Like to think mines as a 'Goal' list in the most part, makes it sound like something I can build up to more, save up for/get in shape for/learn in like recently doing The Great Glencoe Challenge
Trekathon, I had never done something that physically demanding in my life so had to get myself in a bit of fitness, evidently not enough with the way I stumbled over the finish line but getting that medal gave me the buzz to do better and look at more. So stuff like that... Short terms to long term

- Do The Great Glencoe Challenge again, better time, not be a mess at the end
- do 3/4 Munro's in the next year
- Do a Kiltwalk as prep for the above
- being able to swim better, I've never been great, but could add it in to all the above
- cut 2-3 stone, should come If I train for all the above
- Learn to drive, had my first lesson yesterday
- put money aside to take my dad to Gibraltar for his 60th, got about 2 years for that, spent 2 summers there as a bairn while be worked in the Navy and he's always wanted to go back
- learn an instrument, probably guitar or piano
- find enjoyment in some of my old skills/hobbies like photography, design etc
- tick of various world locations, Iceland, New York, Canada, Italy etc, New York might be done with the GF next year
- go to Glastonbury one year
- see the following before they kick the bucket or fade into the sunset, Bruce Springsteen, Elton John (tickets bought for next year), Rammstein (again, in stadium this time), Bob Dylan
- pay the mortgage off, that'll take a while, but hey
- Little things my mum wanted to do with us when she was around, go to Edinburgh Tattoo, caravan trip around country, weekends away to shitey places like Blackpool haha

You learn something new every day. Not that I've ever thought of buying one but always thought they'd be a fuck on to take on holiday.
Adding that to the list of things I've learned on the SMB.

I took a cheap ten quid one to Sri Lanka last year. Last day there I gave it to some local on the platform when I got of the train at Colombo Fort station.

I won't be giving this one away like!

Mine includes:

-visit Egypt
-visit Rwanda
-get a dog
-own a cottage or farm house in Northumberland
-watch TT (done)
-travel coast to coast in USA for 50th birthday. Was going to be on a Harley but think a handful of us are doing it now so we'll hire a Harley and a convertible and share them both around.
-I have a list of books I definitely want to read
-sub 2 hour GNR (done)
-sub 5 hour NY Marathon
-write at least one book (in progress)
-write a couple of computer games I've had planned for ages for my boys
-master Rubik's Cube
-drive a steam engine train (done)
-learn to play the harmonica
-meet Richard Leakey
-get to acceptable weight and stick to it
-catch a Salmon for dinner from the River Tweed, Till or North Tyne (first attempt in 2 weeks' time)

plus a couple of others that aren't printable.

So I do live my life relatively normally, but I'm always aiming for one or more of these somewhere in the background. I'll probably be called sad but I'm happy that I'll never be bored.
I actually watched that clip as soon as I read paddy's post,its super stylish,something about hannibals manner as he saunters off.
Absolutely agree. It is a fantastic ending to the film. Didn't she look young?

Last edited:

Back