Bucket Lists......

galvanised
plastic
rhino
commercial mop
ice

...in that order
kinky fucker
I rarely plan owt, always been one for believing fate will determine most things and to date it’s done me ok. Been to lots of places, done lots of stuff, ate some interesting food, met some interesting people.

Before I kick the bucket (devoid of a list) I’d love to see the bairn settled and sorted then I could quite happily shuffle off.
I love this post, man. Awesome stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Looks good that. What about altitude sickness at that height is it OK to just fly straight up there. I could get in relatively decent nick for an active 61 year old cardio wise but obviously that's nothing like being young.
@Jon Dough
I am a few years younger than you mate,seen older people than you on the EBC Trek.Lukla is just under 3000m from memory,your not gasping or anything,the trek is slow and steady so you can acclimatise,i have had AMS once when I flew from Islamabad to skardu,banging headaches,nausea,weird feeling in my legs,and that was when I was in my mid-20's and was training religiously at the gym and running so was fit as a lop.Put it into perspective,last December I was at the tigers nest,its over 3000 meters,saw any number of 60-70 years olds visiting it and its a genuine hard slog up the trail.
Logon or register to see this image

I don't have a bucket list but fully understand why people have them.

I have never been ambitious, never had the desire to travel world etc.

I have a good marriage, am relatively healthy for an over 65. I have never had any desire to make millions

I am happy to enjoy simple pleasures, ie go to the match, few beers here and there, go out for a decent meal, a bet, couple of UK holidays a year and just do as I please when I want.

I am content with my life
This is me minus the good marriage and I'm a bit younger, 39.

I am a few years younger than you mate,seen older people than you on the EBC Trek.Lukla is just under 3000m from memory,your not gasping or anything,the trek is slow and steady so you can acclimatise,i have had AMS once when I flew from Islamabad to skardu,banging headaches,nausea,weird feeling in my legs,and that was when I was in my mid-20's and was training religiously at the gym and running so was fit as a lop.Put it into perspective,last December I was at the tigers nest,its over 3000 meters,saw any number of 60-70 years olds visiting it and its a genuine hard slog up the trail.
Would love to do it and can get gym fit easy enough but have had a few injuries that crop back up again (as they always tend to do at my age) ankle, hip neck and which tend to react badly to carrying a pack. Still never say never, if I can get injury free enough to get the actual pack carrying miles in I will have a crack. Would also love to do the camino.

Back