Bucket Lists......

Jon Dough

Winger
We are here for a good time,not a long time,whats your realistic bucket list,what do you want to do,what would you like to do?Obviously we would all like to shag Kelly brook or one of the old page-3 models but sadly that aint realistic for most (99.9%) of us.

I've started a bit of a sporting one, aiming for a couple of events a year. Went to the F1 last month and off to the MotoGP this month. Looking at things like golf tournaments, different football matches and events I've not traditionally followed but always fancied going to see, try to get abroad to do something every couple of year maybe.

Usual stuff for me

Parachute jump
Swim with sharks
Loads of places I want to visit.

I reckon I’ll try to do a lot of it properly when the family are grown up & we start doing holidays for ourselves again.

Visit all of the countries of the world - unlikely
See every single one of my favourite bands live - nearly there, but always updating
All major sporting events - not that far away
100,000 SMB posts and 100,000 likes - doddle

I want to see the Great White Sharks at the Neptune Islands off South Australia...see SAFC win something (bit far fetched I know)..travel a bit..USA..Canada..Australia.

Visit every cricket ground in the world where a test match has been played and watch a game. Already done every one in the UK and a few abroad. Surprisingly only a couple of the 100-odd are no longer around and I had to watch a footy match at Bramall Lane cos they no longer play cricket there.

Gan to SF for a week.

Visit every country - 82 so far but I doubt I’ll see many more.

I’ve done most of mine TBH, I saw The Rolling Stones a couple of weeks ago - that ticked off my final entry on my music list.
Did a parachute jump many years ago, flown a glider, driven fast cars on a track. Been to the Pyramids, walked part of the Great Wall, seem the temples in Cambodia, Peru, and Mexico.....

Loads more.

What is it?Only one that I am certain I couldn't do now,when I was a kid I wanted to have a go at Everest,i was fit enough but didn't have the cash,now I have the cash I haven't got the cardio or fitness I had back then.
I’ve always wanted to meet Richard Leakey. Got close to organising him to give the Christmas lecture at Pfizer. So would have had the evening meal and helped hosting the day but you the budget was pulled in the end when the site closed. He’s getting on a bit now and not in great health.

Don't really have one as there's nothing I'm desperate to do before I die.
I regret not doing a parachute jump over the Great Barrier Reef when I had the chance so maybe that.
Other stuff that's largely out my hands like getting a film or TV series adapted from my books. Or writing an original screenplay that is filmed. Might have to start writing one if I want that to happen though. :lol: I have had stuff on stage which is a start.
The idea of a bucket list seems like you're setting yourself up to fail. If there's something I really fancy doing, I just do it or at least work towards it.

The idea of a bucket list seems like you're setting yourself up to fail. If there's something I really fancy doing, I just do it or at least work towards it.
I think that depends upon your idea of a bucket-list,i see it more as a plan of action you work through gradually,last year flew over Quebec in a bi-plane,flew over parts of Thailand on a paramotor,other stuff,it takes time,bit like eating a meal,one bite at a time,savour it.

Back