Buble quitting music

Am I being unreasonable here to be slightly skeptical. He says he's giving up on music and fame because his son had cancer. That is something I can totally understand, 100%.
But then reading the article, it says his son was diagnosed two years ago,and was now in remission, which is brilliant news.
But then a year after his son was diagnosed he made this album and is now doing the rounds promoting it and probably going to tour it. By the time the tour is finished it'll probably be another two years.
He's already loaded so doesn't need the money off this one. Seems like a lot of work and time away from home doing something you don't have to do in order to turn your back on it.
Like Elton John doing his farewall tour because he wants to spend more time with his family, his farewall tour that goes on well into 2021 by which time he'll be mid 70's

Like Elton John doing his farewall tour because he wants to spend more time with his family, his farewall tour that goes on well into 2021 by which time he'll be mid 70's

Just looked this up. He done a tour from 2016-2018. Then started a 3 year 300 date farewell tour from 2018-2021.
5 years on the road.
He also done two tours in 2015, and one in 2014.
One kid is 7, other is 5.
Elton will be 74 when he concludes this gruelling 300 date farewell tour.
Ridiculous. Just divn't tour if you want more time at home

Always comes across as a decent likeable bloke. Absolutely delighted that it looks like the worst is over for him and his family. If he wants to kick back and appreciate life then good luck to him.

Am I being unreasonable here to be slightly skeptical. He says he's giving up on music and fame because his son had cancer. That is something I can totally understand, 100%.
But then reading the article, it says his son was diagnosed two years ago,and was now in remission, which is brilliant news.
But then a year after his son was diagnosed he made this album and is now doing the rounds promoting it and probably going to tour it. By the time the tour is finished it'll probably be another two years.
He's already loaded so doesn't need the money off this one. Seems like a lot of work and time away from home doing something you don't have to do in order to turn your back on it.
Tbf plenty of celebs have retired then changed their minds. Daniel Day Lewis quit acting in 1989 then took 5 years off to be a cobbler. He retired again last year.

Ozzy Osbourne retired in 1995 and Jay Z did in 2003.

Rest assured this won't be the last time we hear one of Michael's easy listening ballads in the hit parade.

Last edited:
Just looked this up. He done a tour from 2016-2018. Then started a 3 year 300 date farewell tour from 2018-2021.
5 years on the road.
He also done two tours in 2015, and one in 2014.
One kid is 7, other is 5.
Elton will be 74 when he concludes this gruelling 300 date farewell tour.
Ridiculous. Just divn't tour if you want more time at home

Arguably he could have done similar to Springsteen if he wanted to stay at home.

Back