BT Sport old MOTD highlights - booing black players

Aye, all 2 of them.

The worst I ever saw at a game was the mags treatment of Bennett and Gayle on New Year's Day 1985. It was about half the crowd, totally horrendous and they both got sent off anarl.

I admit I joined in the chanting and abuse of black players prior to us having black lads playing for us like the 2 above and Agboola. It was a mob thing and as a bairn I went along with it without a moments thought.

Dreadful times looking back and I'm pleased those days are a very distant memory.
New Year’s Day 1985 was an absolute disgrace I remember it well. The racism was dreadful. We had two sent off if I remember correctly I think Howard Gayle or Gary Bennett was one of them.

10 year ago the id rather be a .... than a mag song was commonplace. in fact, i remember it being sung and some asian sunlun lads laughing about it saying i agree :lol:

would never hear that now.

that was Millwall last month
not surprised. i was there with watford in 2017 and you could see the knuckledraggers throwing dogs abuse at this young black lad playing full back for watford every time he came down the wing. it was clearly visible one bloke shouting 'you dirty n.....' on bt f***ing sport and nothing happened.

some whopper earlier in the thread tried to say brexit hasnt contributed to an increase in race crime; utter horseshit. it's definitely getting worse.

The only racist chant I can remember joining in was away at Bradford, didn't feel right and i never did it again, I always felt sorry for the black lads getting personal abuse even as a kid I couldn't get my head around it, hopefully it stays where it belongs in the past.

Brave to admit that mate, clearly your instincts are working correctly at least.

:lol: :lol:

QPR v Burnley 1979 was on. They were singing "Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy Hill Jimmy Hill, wanky wanky wanky wanky wanky wanky wanky wank wanky wank. "

Made me laugh anyway :lol:
where's your father ?
wheres your father?
wheres your father referee ?
you haven't got one you're a bastard ,you're a bastard referee !

booing your own team whatever colour isn't very good either

Back